• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems SLI-ing 8800 GTX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

admael

Registered
I get about the same frame rates in all games with a single 8800 GTX as I do if I were to SLI them, so I figure they're not properly "SLI-ed".

I'm running Vista x64 and ForceWare 169.25 x64 at 1280x1024 on a M2N32-SLI Deluxe board.

Nvidia's Control Panel says they're in SLI, but 3DMark06 and GPU-Z 0.1.5 says that they are not.

I turned the SLI indicators on, and they work fine, even for games where the manufacturer's assured me that "there is no support for SLI setups".

I'm *almost* lead to believe that it is just CPU (AMD X2 6400+) bottleneck that my frame rates are at it's limit. Any ideas?

i have the same cpu in crysis my g15 keybord helps with stuff like that i have crysis with evry thing on max but textrue is on high gives you an idear i get about 20fps with my single 8800gts xxx 640mb the cpu never works more than 50% so i would no thing its the cpu but then agin i have the cpu @ 3.48ghz but even at stock speed i would not thing a 3.2ghz would get maxed out like that you should of seen some improvment is there eny think in the bois ? i hope when i get my second card it helps with fps

Back