• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

network slowdown at home... any help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bardos

i am using a lynksys wrt-54gl router on my home network and usually have 6500-7500kbytes/sec transfers between comps at home. all of a sudden since yesterday the transfer rate is 800-1000 kbytes/sec. haven't changed any router configs. internet access on both comps seems fine. can anyone help me with some ideas? thx.

edit: to add some info, only one comp is affected. 7000 kb/sec transfers between my comp and my wife's comp. transfers to the third comp are the problem.

Last edited:
Check the cables and reboot the router (just pull the power plug and plug back in).
Routers are nothing but a very small PC and they need rebooted every once in a while.
Same with DSL/Cable modems.

Check the cables and reboot the router (just pull the power plug and plug back in).
Routers are nothing but a very small PC and they need rebooted every once in a while.
Same with DSL/Cable modems.

rebooted and that did the trick!. thx so much. so good to learn something new. case closed.

Back