• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need help quick 2 hours to bid on it

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crazerico

Registered
is the 8800GTS 640MB PCIE better then the 8800GTS 512?
the reason im asking is because a question was asked about res on a big wide screen.
and the guy posted from best to worse and the 640 MB was worse then the 512

i have a P5B-MV i hope this cards works with it.
i wanted to get either a HD 3850 or HD 3870 but from what i get is that this card is better then both of then.
thank you.

He's full of it. Got a link to the auction?

edit: Oh wait, I thought you said he was trying to tell you the 640 was better than the 512. It's not.

Based solely on the info I've read recently (I'm no expert), the 512MB version (which is based on the newer G92 chip) beats the 640MB version for most benchmarks. I have no personal experience with either one. Good luck.

Based solely on the info I've read recently (I'm no expert), the 512MB version (which is based on the newer G92 chip) beats the 640MB version for most benchmarks. I have no personal experience with either one. Good luck.

It beats the 640 across the board, at least in every bench I've seen.

is the 8800GTS 640MB PCIE better then the 8800GTS 512?
the reason im asking is because a question was asked about res on a big wide screen.
and the guy posted from best to worse and the 640 MB was worse then the 512

i have a P5B-MV i hope this cards works with it.
i wanted to get either a HD 3850 or HD 3870 but from what i get is that this card is better then both of then.
thank you.

An G92 8800GT will just walk all over a G80 640Mb GTS when both are stock OC'ed. It isn't even a contest.

Viper

Back