• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q6600 G0 And P35c-DS3R F2 @ 3.24ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Smurfboy

Registered
Hi, i'm relatively new to overclocking, i have traded in my E6550, which i must say was a great chip (3.22ghz, no voltage increase lol).

Anyway, got me a Q6600 G0 stepping, and have been overclocking it, Got 3,24ghz so far, with fsb 333 x 9m, memory at 4-4-4-12 timings, Vcore at 1.318.

My A/C freezer 7 pro is cooling enough at mo, TAT gets to about 61-63, so its never gonna get that high in normal use, i dont think, i may be wrong lol.

Where should i go now, push it further. any help with voltages etc would be good, especially if you got this board.

Specs.
Antec 900 Case
P35c-DS3R Mobo
Q6600 G0
2 gig Geil, ultra low latency pc6400 DDR2 Ram
BFG 8800GTS O/C2
OCZ 700 psu
Samsung Spinpoint 500g HDD

lookin at the temps it seems like youv hit a heat wall...methinks better cooling could be in order

The temperatures are under load, and from reading other threads, it doesn't seem bad to me.

Also can anyone telll me if TAT (intels Thermal analysis Tool) works all four cores when you start it, or just two, as it only show two in the window itself, but looking at the logging, it could be stressing all four. Or are the other two cores just getting hot becuase they are so close to the ones being stressed??

Will post some screen shots of core temp and cpu-z soon.

Tx :beer:

Heres some shots of Cpu-Z and Core Temp, @ idle.

test.JPG

I'm running my daily at 360x9 vcore of 1.40, rock solid, good temps, I cant seem to make the jump beyond here and be stable though. Seems like your using a lower voltage so might have a better chance.
365x9 was marginally stable for me but at 1.435 but temps were heading up into the 66* area.

Mmmmm, what ever was on the hsf when i took it out the box lol, should really put something else on it really.

I have some over stuff, but the cpus tend to stick to the hsf when i try to remove em after its been in use. Will have to get some better stuff, any recommendations??

But i must say, the pc has been Rock solid stable at this speed :)

Happy new year peeps.

OK, another question, i have downloaded Prime95 25.5 or something, does this test all four cores, the window shows four tests, but are they all on one core.

Do i need to run four simultaneous instances of Prime95?? and if so, how do i modify the .exe to do this.

Aso what am i looking for in Prime95, i.e what tests do i run.

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys and gals. :beer:

Ok, for some reason, i cant get Prime95 to run, it justs shuts off seconds after being opened, grrr, any ideas.

here's some screen shots of cpu-z and core temp, i have got the system currently running @ 3.375ghz.

From the bios i got these figures:

FSB 375 x 9
Memory @ 469 mhz (938)
Memory Timings 5-5-5-18
Ram voltage @ 2.1vts (1.8 +0.3Volts o/c) It is rated @ 2.1volts
Cpu Voltage @ 1.3625

Also in the gigabyte bios there are two High speed Dram DLL settings, Option 1 and Option 2. Anyone have any idea what the difference is. It is currently on Option 2.

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Think it is running abit hot at idle.

It runs ok, plays games etc, just wont run Prim95.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :beer::beer:

Back