• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

am I missing something?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ashenfang

The Jet Man!
Well, I picked up the component cables for my son's Wii. I hooked them up to our 37" LCD, and changed the settings in the Wii. Right off the bat, I noticed that the colors were brighter, and the text was clearer, but I also noticed that the "jagged" edges seemed a little worse. Is this normal? Is this just the natures of LCD's and a game console that has no AA?

Well, I picked up the component cables for my son's Wii. I hooked them up to our 37" LCD, and changed the settings in the Wii. Right off the bat, I noticed that the colors were brighter, and the text was clearer, but I also noticed that the "jagged" edges seemed a little worse. Is this normal? Is this just the natures of LCD's and a game console that has no AA?
Check your sharpness on your settings in the tv.

yeah, I did mess with that a bit. Its set at 50%, any less it gets blurry, and any more, it looks like the tv is "over compensating"

On a side note, the Xbox360 looks fantastic......just seems like the Wii was never really meant for HDTV

I hooked my Wii up to my 50" widescreen with the component cables and wasn't really impressed. It does look a little better, but not much.

I only bought them cause I needed to use the input on my tv.

Back