• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

half-life2 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wasp9166

been out of gaming for a year or two, had this on the shelf , just about to finish it today, are episode 1 and episode 2 new chapters to play? just finished the strider battle, what a fin pia................

been out of gaming for a year or two, had this on the shelf , just about to finish it today, are episode 1 and episode 2 new chapters to play? just finished the strider battle, what a fin pia................

Yep, takes up just after HL2 ends. Starts out with Dog lifting some junk off of Gordon and you go back into action.

are both of these full games? add ons? can they be purchased online through steam or is there a cheaper way?

are both of these full games? add ons? can they be purchased online through steam or is there a cheaper way?

They are stand-alone games. They can be purchased via steam, or you can get the Orange box via steam/in store. Orange box includes HL2, EP1, EP2, Portal and Team Fortress 2. Currently the orange box is 25% off on steam. Making it $38 instead of $50. The sale ends today I believe.

portal picks up after 1 and 2? whats lost coast? how many games are there ?......might as well keep right on hl b4 i get into cod4 btw, how do you display fps in game?

Last edited:
Portal is a stand alone game all to its self. It has its own story kind of. It's way too much fun, and worth purchasing Orange box for that and TF2 by themselves. Orange Box is a great deal, especially if you dont have HL2 or EP1.

so finished hl2, do i need to play these in any particular order? like can i play lost coast then go to 1 and 2? portal last? can i uninstall hl2 for space sake or is it required to run these?

Last edited:
so finished hl2, do i need to play these in any particular order? like can i play lost coast then go to 1 and 2? portal last? can i uninstall hl2 for space sake or is it required to run these?

Lost Coast was just a tech demo, so they could show off a few things that didn't make it into HL2 and also to show true HDR lighting. HL2 didn't have full HDR.

You can uninstall HL2, as all the games are standalone, and actually HL2, EP1 and EP2 all run on different version of the source engine, they keep adding updates in order to bring the engine up to speed, but the updates aren't ported back to the older games.

If you go check the prices of EP1 and EP2, you'll see that with the orange box currently on sale you can't be it. The Orange box was created for the release of Episode 2, Portal and Team Fortress 2. They through in Episode 1 and HL2 so that it would be complete package for new gamers or if you already owned HL2 and EP1 then you could give them away as gifts, and bring in more players to the franchise.

ok ill get fraps, being after xmas and all im a bit in the hole, but $38 for the orange box i couldnt pass up................i think these after holiday sales are a credit card setup ,lol

net_graph 1

o_O

I just use cl_showfps # (# = 1 or 2, 1 shows more debug info, 2 just tells fps) in the console inside of HL2. Go top options -> keyboard _> advanced -> enable developers console. Then in game press the "~" key, to bring it up.

Last edited:
Back