• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Found this SOFTWARE router/firewall

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fightingpiper

I found this while browsing aroumd on speedguide.net and was suggested by one of the people who had a horror story to tell about a hacker getting into his unprotected computer. It looks like it works by turning one of your computers into a firewall/router. It looks like it sets up almost like my linksys router and you are able to share one IP address with it. Looks very promising and youd only need a cheap hub or switch. I might unhook the linksys tomarrow/later today and test it out on my computers. if it works we are going to have to get the classifieds back up cuz I might have a router to sell.lol

its the winroutelite

Can someone who has a hub or switch try it out and see if it works and let me know-I dont have one. It looks like its free cuz I downloaded it no problem to my computer to see what it looks like and looks promising-But what do I know ima idiot sometimes.

Ok sorry about the free thing. I just was playing around with it and its a 30 day free trial. ok now forget it, I just went to the site and it charges you more for the more computers on the network. Also its too expensive-as much as an acutal router for only 3 computers and and astonomical amount for 4 or more. sorry I didn't do more research before posting. but hey if you only need a network router for 30 days this is your calling. LOL

again my apologies for not doning my homework

Back