• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade time...help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeViL_909

I have made up my mind to upgrade my system and need a little help since I have not had time to keep up with products due to too much work. I am looking to pick up a new mobo, ram, cpu, and vid card. I would like to get a quad core intel chip, either 8800gt or gts, and have no idea for either the ram or mobo. Can you all point me in the right direction for what mobos and ram to look for and what a good price is on them?

It is close enough for Penryn to drop that I would wait on it. As far as mobos I would either go with a P35 based board as IMHO X38 isnt worth the premium. Just take a look at what features and price works for you. The 8800gt is the current bang for the buck champ. Crucial ballistix are a good choice for ram. Finish off with a corsair PSU. Thermalright 120 extreme to cool it and The case of your choice. The CM 690 looks pretty solid for a cheaper case.

I have always pretty much gone with DFI and Asus. I know there has been a lot of talk about how good the Asus board is for the quad chip, but is DFI still doing well? You will have to excuse my ignorance, but what is the Penryn? I have been working 75 hour weeks for the last month and have not had a chance to really keep up with everything. Just now getting back to normal hours :p.

Back