• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying to Overclock E6750 (problems)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

_Jay_

I am a complete noob and I am trying to OC my E6750 to 3.2GHz. It seems like a safe number and I have never OC'ed anything before. My Gigabyte MB (P35-DS3L) came with an app on it called EasyTune5. It supposed to allow you to OC your cpu and ram. My brother in law told me not to use it and do it thru the bios. I think I am doing it right but when I save the settings and the PC reboots, CPU-z shows all the same settings as before. My memory is still running at 400MHz 5-5-5-18 as well.

Am I doing something wrong? Can someone make any suggestions or point me in the right direction?

Btw...I am running a Thermaltake Purepower 600W psu, 4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800 RAM and a Zalman CNPS9500 if it helps.

its not saving the settings cause its unable to successfully post at the settings your trying.. My guess is that you need to bump up your ram voltage to spec, and put your multi to 1:1.. and probably give the cpu like 1.41 in your bios. if your cpu host control is "400" it should list your mem speed as 800. Then u know you have the right divider. default voltage for ram on this board is 1.8 just so u know when your increasing. On this board u wont really have to increase mch or nb voltage till after 425 fsb or so

Aloha Jay,

I have the E6750 G0 1.52v Running at 3.7Ghz on Air cooling. You will want to unlink your ram if you can when you oc your cpu till you know you can get a good OC and then mess with the ram after.

OC'ing is all trial and error, what may work for me wont work for you..

I still dont understand why its so flaky, but what can you say...! MY first attempt with my 6750 I have Crucial Ballistix 1066 and i could not OC at all, Got some Good Patiott memory 1066 running at 1266 3:2 so, like i said its all trial and error...

I hope this helps some.

go slower one seeting @ a time till you get the hang of what does what . I would set your ram @ 1:1 and maybe raise the timings so you know thats not the problem then go up from there.

Back