• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nspluginwrapper working for 1 browser session ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blueswitch

ok so I have Ubuntu Feisty 64bit on my laptop, for the most part it works great. Then a few months back after I had pretty much everything working on it I noticed flash content stopped working in firefox. Ok well I didn't feel like bothering with it...so everytime I was in linux I went flashless web (I can't believe the stupid stuff people use flash for). This morning for some reason I decided to try and fix it. All I did was pull up nspluginwrapper and I saw I still had the flash plugin files in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ directory so I just reinstalled and it worked perfect. until I closed firefox, for some reason it won't work unless I use the nspluginwrapper -i command for each new browser session. How do I fix this? Also in /usr/lib/ I have a mozilla directory and a mozilla-firefox directory...don't know why, possibly because I'm using Thunderbird too?

I had the same issue. If I remember what I found was that npviewer, was still running even with firefox closed. Simply kill this in the process manager and next time flash was called for it would be run and it would work fine. Its not a good fix but its all I could find to do.

I had the same issue. If I remember what I found was that npviewer, was still running even with firefox closed. Simply kill this in the process manager and next time flash was called for it would be run and it would work fine. Its not a good fix but its all I could find to do.

Well here's what I did Shelnutt. I made a txt file called flash-firefox that contained this:
Code:
nspluginwrapper -i /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
firefox

and saved it in my home folder, under permissions made it executible, and then just pointed my firefox shortcut to that file instead of just the firefox command. It works, it's not a great fix in my opinion because it doesn't fix whats broken, but now I have flash working every time I open my browser.

Back