• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone play Age of the Empries III: The Asian Dynasties Expansion Pack

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

technoViking

Anyone have this game?

I really need a good RTS and SC2 won't be out for awhile so this looks like my best bet!

I'm downloading the demo now, I've Warcheifs expansion sucked but this one looks good and got some good reviews.

I don't need Warcheifs expansion to play this expansion right? I just need Age of the empries 3 installed correct?

Thanks!
:bday:

Didn't really care for AOE III, doubt they would be able to turn it around in this expansion. Medieval II is a good play if you haven't tried it yet.

Just play SC. Can't beat it :)

AOE2 was good, never played the third one though. And SC dominates WC3, which is still a good game but can't stand up to SC.

Blizzard needs to hurry the hell up. November '08 (that when SC2 is coming?) is too damn far away!

I actually disliked rise of nations, the game play looked fun but when I actually played it I got very bored with it for some reason.

Hell who knows, I heard Oct 08 but they havn't released a new video file for a long long time hopefully they have the zergs getting done!

I like the games that require you to gather resources, isn't medieval just control large groups of units?

For the most part yes, but there is also a mini game built in that is basically a world map from which you have to manage cities,castles, etc.... no resource gathering in the sense of sending miners to mine, etc.... you gain your resource by managing your towns,castles,cities,ports, etc...

Empire Earth III, looks good. I played the demo and I liked it better than Empire Earth (the first one). I just felt that the first Empire Earth was too large, the resource were so vast, and where the epochs, I just never could get it.

That does look pretty cool, EE III, I watched some videos on you tube.
Well the expansion pack demo is done so I'll give it a try and let you guys know how it is!

If its not that great perhaps I'll look into EE III.

well I played the demo, I will say, its probably the best AOE3 is going to get, but still nothing that great. But I think its worth 25 bucks if you like the AOE line, frankly I liked the original AOE the most but this will keep me sane until sc2 comes out!

For my sake, I hope it doesn't come out during the spring semester or my GPA is going to drop a few points!

They also added another resource, not sure what it is because the demo doesn't explain it but its a leaf. SO you got leaf, gold, food, and wood as resources which will make you really have to multi task which is fun.

They only let you play as the japanese in the demo but from what I saw its pretty sweet. You basically generate food/gold/leaf resources just like a factory would.
Tons of different upgrades as well.

I played the demo and enjoyed it. I plan on playing it this week. I've always been a fan of the AOE series and hopefully once I get into playing it the demo will live up to my expectations.

I just purchased the expansion today! I'll let you guys know how the gameplay is with the other new units, a TON of people are always online.
I think the added value of the expansion is worth the money spent on buying the expansion.

Of course when SC2 comes out ill be focusing on that and maybe school and g/f :D

That is odd, no beta is released yet and yet they said around Oct 2008 it should be released.

Is that how games usually are? I remember beta testing for vangaurd like a long long time before it was released and in the end no one bought it anyways hah.

But the fact that there is no beta even there, that means the date for release isn't even close correct?

Or do you think there is a private beta to make sure nothing gets leaked out?

The villager selection sounds sound like they come straight out of AOE2 :D
Good choice =p

I'm hooked ive been playing this expansion non stop, they really balanced the new classes out well.
I also enjoy how you have to change your strategy a lot with each new class. Highly recommend it for any AOE lover, even if you thought AOE3 sucked, this expansion makes it much funner.

yeah I have tried EE111 and thought it was quite good, have AOE11 +111 was OK have played it for yonk's its still on my P4 Rig, the wife liked it too.

Yah I havn't played AOE 3 for a good 3 years then I saw it laying around, fired it up and then found this new released expansion pack.
Anyone who is playing Age of the Empires III: Asian dynasties and wants to play some matches my screen name is mr_coffee :D

Back