• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD and Asus...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adamjosiah

Registered
Please feel free to move this if it's in the wrong place, I wasn't sure if I should post in the overclocking board. I read the guide to overclocking, and although I found the information useful I still was unsure about how it applied to my setup. I have an A7V8X-X, and the BIOS has "soft" overclocking but not alot of option. I'm running 256Mb DDR 333 RAM, and an Athlon XP 1700+. The only option it gives me is to boost my CPU's 1400ish Mhz to 1800ish and it unstabilizes my system and I have to set it back. The actual FSB and Multiplier numbers are both greyed out. I know these are outdated specs, so I might need to do some upgrading, but what's the best thing to upgrade if I do. And is there a good (semi-safe) way for me to overclock?

Update the bios. In the newer versions you can set it to manual and set your own FSB speeds. I'm still running that board also so you're not the only one, but you should really upgrade if you have the money to do so.

Back