• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Delidded Brisbane 4000+ questions.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bluefalcon13

Well, as many of you all know, I delidded my 4000+ on a whim, and it works flawlessly.

Now I'm posed with a new problem. I'm rather paranoid about temps (hence why I delidded it :D ), and now my temps are just TOO low. Been running F@H SMP client for about a day and a half now, non-stop, and my temps don't pass 45C really.

My mobo/CPU/me seems willing to hit about 2.9, but not real willing much after that (im sure if i cranked the Vcore up, itd be ok, but as I said, I'm paranoid about temps...). Now, the RAM I got, is rigged for tight timings at stock speeds, and this thing is HONESTLY fast enough for me. BUT I got the bug... and I feel I have a few options:

A) loosen the RAM timings and crank it up as is(exceeding DDR2-800)

B) Leave the RAM tight, and figure out something to make that baby hit 3.0ghz without making too much heat...

I really would LOVE to hit 3.0ghz... but I don't know much about mobos and mobo voltages. Whats the standard NB voltage? How much is TOO much for a passively cooled MB like mine (Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe) and would clocking my NB too high for NB voltages, cause me to take errors in both Prime95, and SuperPi32m? What is AVERAGE (I know, it depends on the mobo, not just the model, but basically the luck of the draw...) for hitting that wall where you gotta up the NB volts, and where do these things normally cap-out as far as CPU frequency (you know... same thing as FSB, but not an FSB).

Thanks for yalls help!

b is the direction i would look into...

to be honest, I'm leaning that way, and I personally think, a combo of a+b would be best, better RAM bandwidth, with high CPU speed, but I seem to hit a wall @ 275 CPU Freq.... and I dont know enough about northbridges to really push it further. A is the easiest choice, and I know I can do that now with minor voltage increases on the CPU. I just dont know enought about the other choice, B, enough to make a good call... about it. As my AS5 settles down, the CPU generates less and less heat, and its giving me goosebumps thinking about cranking this bad boy up. Just would like some more info on the NB (nVidia MCP590) from those who have had experiance with them.

the best performance you will get is at the max of the cpu mhz and max of the ram mhz at decent timings... Also getting the board close to it's max fsb is a good thing to look at :D

If you're doing that at stock volts then you have plenty of room to go. There's no real reason to be paranoid. You're well under 60° so all is well. Try setting the voltage to 1.4v and see what that does for you. I'm pretty sure that will get you to 3GHz barring hitting an HTT wall

I de-lidded a 5000+BE recently, and replaced the tim between the cores and the lid with AS5 and cemented the lid back in place. With watercooling (DD TDX block, 75 GPH. and a triple 120 radiator, and Orthos at ambient of 17°c, and 1.525 vCore, I'm seeing 39-40°C loaded at 3.35 GHz.

If you're doing that at stock volts then you have plenty of room to go. There's no real reason to be paranoid. You're well under 60° so all is well. Try setting the voltage to 1.4v and see what that does for you. I'm pretty sure that will get you to 3GHz barring hitting an HTT wall

yeah, i'm still in the 'factory range' for volts on the Vcore, but even with the multi down to 3x, i cant break 275FSB without cranking it WAY up(275 is ok, 276 is not). so im thinking i might need to up my northbridge Volts, but my mobo's bios only has 'auto' setting, then a bunch of voltages... I have no idea what is standard volts for an M2N32-SLI Deluxe (nVidia MCP 590)... I'm gonna play with it this weekend... over the last few days, my 100% load temps have dropped over 2C on 100% load, and I've been folding non-stop.

Last night I stopped folding for about 20 mins to see how low my temps got at idle... 32C(about 90F) on air with an "ok" case (thermaltake tsunami dream/zalman 9500AM2). All of this and I'm technically "under voltage" on my CPU (default from my mobo is 1.3V, which for some reason, it puts out 1.344; its currently set in bios as 1.2625 but reads on both mobo software as 1.3 and reads in CPU-Z as 1.296).

I know this mobo has been through a bit, and might not take an OC very well but it test out great (after upping the Vcore a small amount) at 275 FSB, but it fails after bumping up the FSB by 1mhz with in 30 secs, both cores...

Cat + standing on power strip on of button partially(not enough to kill the switch) = massive power fluctuation that fries RAM o_O

Back