• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i just overclocked my pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RockxxStar

Registered
ok i have a question? is the heat in my computer good? should i be able to kick it up to 2400MHz? or should i keep it this way?

untitled-24.jpg

Load or not that's too hot, what heatsink are you using? Probably best to pick up a better one if you plan to go higher.

Load or not that's too hot, what heatsink are you using? Probably best to pick up a better one if you plan to go higher.

and a new case... wowzorz! I thought my case had bad airflow (Thermaltake Tsunami Dream) considering I had to rip off my IHS in order to keep my 2.1ghz prcessor under 45C under full load (for a few days mind you, <3 Folding for the Cure!) while running at 2.8ghz....

In addition to that... you may want to "lock down" your PCI-E and PCI speeds... If you develop stability problems, there is a good chance thats why (given, you havent really increased em that much, but you are definatly killing headroom on your overclock) o_O

Loaded is running the processor at 100%. You can use a program like Orthos or Prime 95 to stress you CPU or known as full load. Yes it is alot of heat if its not loaded. But loaded its not too bad. Most people will say it is high and they are right but I've run mine loaded at 42* and heven't seen any problems. It will lower the life span of the CPU the hotter it runs. If I have something wrong in this post please feel free to correct it as I am still a noob in most senses of the word. Happy OC'ing.

Edit: I didnt see the 57* WOW that is to hot.

Last edited:
yeah, read some of the threads to get a better idea, you're gunna kill your system, or corrupt your OS install. your cpu's too hot. and like the guy said above, do your OC in the system bios if available.

Back