• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling a P180

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nickdeveau

I know the P180 can be a difficult case to watercool, but silence and performance are king for me. Anyone have any thoughts about whether I should look into something like this:
attachment.php

Or should I look into something like this either with a 120.2 or 120.3:
p1804hg3.jpg

Also I plan to WC a Q6700, 8800gt, and possibly my NB someday so would a triple rad really be necessary?

It really comes down to what you are comfortable with.
If you don't want to hack up your case and if you don't mind hanging the radiator on the back, then a Radbox external Rad setup liek Pic 1 is your bets bet.

If yo want something tha tis more or less internal to the case, and don't mind hacking up your case, then I'd go with the top mounted rad option.

Option 1 = easier
Option 2 = Cleaner

Has anyone here ever crammed a 120.3 into the top of a p180? I noticed on some other pictures of 120s at the top of this case that it looks like it almost takes away two of the drive bays, can anyone confirm this?

I would bump up the measurments of what ever radiator you plan to install with the Case dimensions, but from first glance, it look slike you could fit a 120.3 in the top. If you were ot mount the fans or the radiator so that one or the other sits above the top of the case, then you could make it so it only takes up one drive bay.

There has been tripple rads in the top of P180/2s, but you need to have the fans external as motherboard components get in the way.

Back