• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quad Crossfire and Skulltrail?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Caust1c

Imagine the possibilities!!! Thats like 8GPUs in one machine! (4x 3870X2!!!) And eight cores to match!!! I wonder what kind of real world performance one would get out of that? Benchers are going to love this. Nvidia hasnt announced quad SLi yet, I doubt they will. If I had around $8000 I would totally buy this.

Quad Crossfire announced:

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5024&Itemid=57

Overview of skulltrail:

http://www.hothardware.com/Articles/Intel_Skulltrail_and_Penryn_Performance_Preview/

Despite that hothardware says its sli only rig, intel announced at CES that it will support xfire and 4xfire with the right drivers.

I WANT THAT CASE...

Even without the motherboard in it. It's soooooooooo cool, I love the way the skull has glowing eyes on the front.

*also leaves to get 200 lottery tickets*

:cry::drool::drool::drool:

I didn't realize the technology to have to SEPERATE processors on one motherboard was there? So NVidia made a motherboard where you can plug in 2 different Quad core processors??? Is this what I am reading?

I have read about Intel releasing the 8-core (Oct-Core) in 2010 but didn't know that a motherboard could work like this and join 2 seperate processors.

I didn't realize the technology to have to SEPERATE processors on one motherboard was there? So NVidia made a motherboard where you can plug in 2 different Quad core processors??? Is this what I am reading?

I have read about Intel releasing the 8-core (Oct-Core) in 2010 but didn't know that a motherboard could work like this and join 2 seperate processors.
Many server and mainstream boards have had dual processors, that is old technology.

Also, Intel made the board, not nVidia.

I think AMD came up with the dual processor design first, but dont quote me on that.

Back