• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with LSi SAS Controller Card.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

anwar1337

Its a MegaRAID SAS 8308ELP
with 2x (FUJC0FJ) 73GB SAS 10K RPM RoHS 2.5IN

When the bios loads, it says to press so and so keys to setup a raid.
But then it freezes, I talked to tech support and he said flash the bios. I have the bios files but I cant make a bootable cd with the flash files, lol ive tried like 8-10 times. Can anyone link me to a good source for a bootable cd? I tried that bootdisks site but i dont have a floppy drive so none of their files work. I successfully made a boot disk once, but the flash files werent showing up in dos but in windows on another computer.
?!?!!@?!@

Man opening a LAN Center is one heck of a job, lol.

I clicked that, and to the right of DOScdrom it says read1|read2, i clicked both and both ways say you need a floppy.

arghhhhh
I made the bootdisk, burned it onto a cdrw.
It doesnt recognize the dvdrw drive when trying to load the drivers so i think thats why i get the error
"error reading drive A"
when i switch disks and type in the commands to flash the firmware.

Im taking the cd with the unpacked win98 bootdisk iso files and making a data cd and burning a data cd with that and the flash files

well that didnt work.

HOW THE ---- CAN LSI SEND A CARD THATS FAIRLY NEW WITH A 2005 FIRMWARE?!@$%!%!@#% !#$%!@$!$%@#!$%@% :bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head

Well I finally got it flashed. But uhm, it didnt come with any floppy disk for the raid drivers, so when I install xp, can I just not hit f6 and wait till windows is installed and install the drivers for the raid card then?

Back