• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ZOMG! Dual Slot 8800GT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It is a single card with a bigger cooler...that is all.

They've been making dual slot video cards for a very long time. Looks nice though.

I know but this thing shouldnt cost more than $300, therefore I wont have to pay anything for step-up. Also Im digging the red design. Its like a cheaper 8800 GTS 512

Why not just get a GTS for a teensy bit more (i got mine for 300 even)

Because the MSRP on the step up is $360 and I bought my card for $300 (Damn MIRs make them really cheap). Im hoping the MSRP on this will be less than $30 more than the vanilla version, which is $270.

its not really a "step-up". LOL it is just a slightly larger cooler... Might as well get a Accelero S1 or a HR-03-GT

I was referring to evga's step-up program...

If you ask me, the 8800GT only shines when it's in the ballpark area of the $250 suggested retail price. If it goes for $280 or higher then I would rather get the GTS G92 for just $300 after MIR since you don't have to touch the cooler. GTS is also faster.

If you ask me, the 8800GT only shines when it's in the ballpark area of the $250 suggested retail price. If it goes for $280 or higher then I would rather get the GTS G92 for just $300 after MIR since you don't have to touch the cooler. GTS is also faster.

+1

If I had it to do all over again, I'd possibly have just gotten a pair of the EVGA OC'd 8800gt's and called it a day, but wanting to get the same performance from 1 card in what may end up being a single PCIE slot intel board in the future, I didn't want to HAVE to rely on SLI for performance.

That card shown, for lack of a better reference, seems like buying a V6 mustang that's got aftermarket go fast parts installed and *may* be as quick as a mustang GT but the GT only being a little more $$ offering better performance on factory tune.

Someone should slap an Accelero S1 on one and sell it. It's not like Gigabyte hasn't used Zalman coolers on retail GPUs before (example I can think of of the top of my head).

The step up options only seem to include the vanilla versions.. No SC/KO/SSC/whatever else they make. Doubt this card will appear there.

This is purely an afterthought and not an improvement that one should pay more for, rather get a decent cooler and get proper cooling, even that cooler's cooling abilities is mediocre at best...IMO

I wouldn't mind having just the backside cooler (if it could be had cheap) along with an accelero S1.

Sorry, but it's pointless unless it's a PR thing.

The 2nd revision of the cooler (bigger fan) along with the updates fixed the temp "problem".

It's not even remotely temp limited, so unless they are giving it more voltage your OC isn't going to increase at all.

Well the emblem on the heatsink looks much better than the one that comes on the 8800GTS 512mb.I think my card is the ugliest card ive ever owned

Last edited:
Back