• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone read anything?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NedClocker

The GUI GPU client is still EUEing repeatedly.

I found the GPU console client had been updated so I tried it. Same problem.

Anyone know what is going on? If it is my computer, then there is a ghost in the machine. I didn't change anything until today. It used to work just fine.

I run the console version. I'm not experiencing any problems at the moment.

The GUI GPU client is still EUEing repeatedly.

I found the GPU console client had been updated so I tried it. Same problem.

Anyone know what is going on? If it is my computer, then there is a ghost in the machine. I didn't change anything until today. It used to work just fine.

Mine are running good. That's usually caused by the wrong ATI driver or the wrong directx. You didn't install anything recently that decided to change the versions on you?

Video card may have given up. I had one do that recently. It went from perfect to endless EUEs in an instant. The one left is doing fine, no EUEs.

Dang. It's an x1950 pro 512. I suppose it could have died. It's less than a year old but it's been running folding ever since I got it. The display still looks fine, though.

Thanks guys. If it's running fine for you, then it must be prob on my end. I was hoping it was bad WUs. :(

I have 2 Saphire x1950 Pro AGP 512s. One died at almost exactly one year. It's not totally dead, it just won't fold or pass an artifacts test. Before testing for artifacts, I hoped it was a windows update that killed it, but I'm afraid it was FAH that did it in. I upped the fan speed to 100% on the other to be sure the long term effects of higher than normal contiunous temps were minimized. I tried every driver imaginable before watching it bomb ATi Tray Tools Artifacts test. I couldn't get it to fold even if underclocked.

Video card may have given up. I had one do that recently. It went from perfect to endless EUEs in an instant.

I ditched all 3 of my GPU folding cards after one went postal with the EUE's. The one that borked ran fine, otherwise. Along came SMP folding so I dumped all the pricey video cards like a bad habit.

...my room stayed a little cooler. ;)

This wouldnt have anything to do with the thermal pad on the heatsink drying out or something like that would it? I had to replace the cooler on my card with an aftermarket one with seperate ramsinks when all of a sudden I couldn't play games anymore.

Last edited:
I believe you're on the right track, xsuperbgx.

Video cards are designed I expect, to hold up for 3 years being used at full speed for 15 - 30 hours a week, on average.

They're not designed to hold up for a constant duty cycle of nearly 24 hrs. a day, day after day, imo. Why would they be? Until FAH came out with a graphical client, what would the average video card consumer run on their high end video card, 24/7/365, at full speed?

Nothing.

I have 2 Saphire x1950 Pro AGP 512s. One died at almost exactly one year. It's not totally dead, it just won't fold or pass an artifacts test. Before testing for artifacts, I hoped it was a windows update that killed it, but I'm afraid it was FAH that did it in. I upped the fan speed to 100% on the other to be sure the long term effects of higher than normal contiunous temps were minimized. I tried every driver imaginable before watching it bomb ATi Tray Tools Artifacts test. I couldn't get it to fold even if underclocked.

What kind of temps did you have on the Saphire? I think my Saphire is sitting at 53c constantly, I have the fans at 70% and the case is open. I figured that was a reasonable temperature, but those x1950 pros do get amazingly hot. Perhaps I should up the fan speed as well.

Dang. It's an x1950 pro 512. I suppose it could have died. It's less than a year old but it's been running folding ever since I got it. The display still looks fine, though.

Thanks guys. If it's running fine for you, then it must be prob on my end. I was hoping it was bad WUs. :(

Should still have some warranty; most cards are a year.

I've got an x1900gt doing the exact same thing... however, I only ran a couple WUs on it like 9 months ago. It just didn't like FAH. Now I'm artifact city when I try to run any 3DMark or ATI Tool Artifact Test.

Mine happens to be a Sapphire and they carry a 2-year warranty, so says their website. After I swap some vids around this one will be going in for replacement.

Adak said:
Until FAH came out with a graphical client, what would the average video card consumer run on their high end video card, 24/7/365, at full speed?

Nothing.

Yeah, I had thought about that. Nothing else would run it 100% constantly. Probably wasn't made for that.

But it ran SO WELL for so long!

I miss the ~600 ppd. :(

So, there it is, guys. Don't invest in GPU folding. Spend it on a quad core. ;)

But, are our processors really designed to run 100% all the time?

I ditched all 3 of my GPU folding cards after one went postal with the EUE's. The one that borked ran fine, otherwise. Along came SMP folding so I dumped all the pricey video cards like a bad habit.

...my room stayed a little cooler. ;)

Yeah, between that x1950 pro and the Q6600, this room is warmer than any other.

How can it not run FAH but run just fine otherwise? :shrug:

I was shaking my head yes for a while...but come to think of it my eu's started the day the newest client came out. (I mean to the day)So I really don't think its the GPU. An endless stream of perfect WU's on the old client and the day I replaced that client thats when the problems started.

At least in my case anyway.

Chasr did yours go bad on the old client?

and Ned I have seen yours only act up on this newest client as well. I never saw your GPU choking when the old client was running.

I just wish it wasn't so much of a problem fussing with that old system, even if its not the GPU, its still worth the electrical savings to build a new Quad. Come to think of it if I just put a new Quad system where the Old dell sits...will my wife even notice the difference?:confused::)

I don't think the new client had any thing to do with my GPU giving up. It won't pass the artifact test in ATI Tool at any speed.

Yes, it started since the new client came out but I don't think it was when I switched over. I think it was ok for a while.

I remember that the console GPU client didn't get updated on time, because that was what I was using but was forced to go to the graphical client.

Back