• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Delta Sierra- Come on up!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dugans

You've been keeping up pretty well DS, so I thought I'd give you some news:

Farm update: The two oldest rigs in my sig are now in the Slow Team Races, so I'll be losing a few wu a week there, and I am putting the P3 duallie back to default ( for data integrity- doing work for the bro-in-law) so I'm down about 1300 mhz right now........might have a battle after all!

Okay, you talked me into it. There's a computer show here in Milwaukee this weekend. I'll go pickup another mobo and CPU (AMD) and get 'em running. With luck, that'll get me up to 12 or 13 WUs a day. Will that be enough to make you nervous?

That'll scare me:eek: !

I haven't been pulling away too quick as it is; I just gave myself a 1300 mhz hit and now you're thinking about ADDING a rig? <LOL>

Okay, here's the deal: I'm leaving the old pcs in the Slow Race, and the P3 Dual at 1000.

Any new rigs are fair game (although I have no pc shows soon and no cash left after Xmas:( )

I just checked your average WU/day. You've been running at 23 WUs per day. Giving up 1300 MHz means around 4 or 5 WUs per day fewer, leaving 18 WUs per day. If I add another cruncher and can get up to 13 WUs...hmmmm...according to my math, I'm still going to be eating your dust!! LOL But don't tell my wife that I can't win this race...I've got her convinced I stand a chance, so she's okay with another computer (well, maybe tolerant is a better word).

SHHHHH!

Wu's for the Team is the important part, anyway- a little fun on the side doesn't hurt.

Besides........any excuse for a new system is a good one!!:D

DeltaSierra said:
I just checked your average WU/day. You've been running at 23 WUs per day. Giving up 1300 MHz means around 4 or 5 WUs per day fewer, leaving 18 WUs per day. If I add another cruncher and can get up to 13 WUs...hmmmm...according to my math, I'm still going to be eating your dust!! LOL But don't tell my wife that I can't win this race...I've got her convinced I stand a chance, so she's okay with another computer (well, maybe tolerant is a better word).

Go gentle there Delta.....remember that making wife angry is specially bad in winter, as the couch is colder than a bed ;)

DeltaSierra said:
Okay, you talked me into it. There's a computer show here in Milwaukee this weekend. I'll go pickup another mobo and CPU (AMD) and get 'em running. With luck, that'll get me up to 12 or 13 WUs a day. Will that be enough to make you nervous?
Hey delta drop me a PM I have an interesting link I can send you for the UWM Swap shows, you are almost guarenteed to find PC's for cheap there, I am talking less than 100$

J

I finally got administrator rights to my PC at work. With the rights, I can now install software, patches, and more importantly, SETI@home. It's a Celeron II @ 800 MHz. I loaded the CLC and started crunching. It looks like it'll do 2 WUs in a day. So, my "farm" is up to 3 systems right now, with a 4th on its way (maybe).

I'll never be in the same league as CY or TC or benz4140 or all of those guys in the stratospheric 10k WU club, but I'm having fun!

:D :D

Thats what its about! More fun!

And trying to find ways to pump up the numbers and fight off some of those "other" teams;)

Back