• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I add up or app to W2KPro OS to read the special DVD format I made (RW+)?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gamefan

I need to get at some info on some disks I made. I am not sure what the format is specifically called, or why I chose it, possibly re-writability. It said only XP and newer OSs iirc could read it. The internal ATA DVD drive I used to write the disks is an LG GSA-H10N max 16x RW+, using 8x or less likely 4x DVD RW+ disks. The only computer with any OS I have to use right now has Win 2000 Pro, and it can't even show me whats on these disks.

Can I download anything or do anything to W2KPro to get to these disks. Its just some texts.doc or .rtf. I currently don't have a writing DVD on this W2KPro computer, it has a different internal ATA Pioneer DVD-116 tray DVD drive, but I would have no problem installing the LG GSA-H10N internal DVD drive temporarily if that would help.

Back