• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sh*T!!! Just fried my T-Bird

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

f155mph

Well I knew this was going to happen. I unlocked my 1.1 Tbird but I wasn't able to get it to go above 1.21. For some reason the defog paint didn't seem to be working, so I took it back out and use the pencil trick. Then I got this idea that I should use my old WBK38 instead of my Swifty 462 since it easier to take off. Well i guess the copper shim I had was bend and the WBK didn't make a good contact with the cpu. At first I didn't think it fried because I didn't smell anything. I thought I had the dip switch set wrong. Then I notice my KVM was going crazy. Took the WBK off and I notice some yellow fluid and it barely have any ASII on it.

So what should I do now? Will AMD take a return on it since this was a retail unit? What should I get to replace it? I got an ASUS A7V. I heard that it will work with 1.4 with a little bit of work. Or should I get one of those 1 gig that can be over clock like crazy? What is the stepping on those and where can I get it at?

:mad: :mad:

First of all...lose the shim they are AMD cpu killers..
Now AMD MIGHT replace the cpu, maybe not because Im not sure if they support the use of shims...Also 1.1ghz from the ones I have seen never overclocked to well....

Yeah I did something similar to an xp 1600, and it didn't have any burn marks or anything I retruned to the place I bought it and they gave me a new one. I am not entirely convinced it was my fault, but I returned with 3days after I bought it. It had a 7 day warranty.

Slick

yeah well i know your all pain i burnt up my 1900+ cause the heatsink popped off and i was raging mad but i have a 1 year replacment warranty so hopefully ill get it replaced asap. Yeah and go with the 1ghz it will porbably over clock way better then your 1.1ghz did and it will run a little cooler too.

Back