• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Visiontek HD3850 256mb 3dmark06 benchmark

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chrome-187

this is the highest i've gotten yet with my visiontek 256mb HD3850...i think its pretty good ...is anyone else getting around these scores with there 256mb 3850s? i had my core at 750 and my memory at 1050

3dmark0610763benchmark.jpg
]

i've been seeing alot of people in the low 9xxx area even with the 3870's so i just wanted to post this =)

How are temps with the stock cooler? And noise?

awesome!! well not awesome out of the box because fan barely moves..but after using rivatuner and speeding my fan up to 74% my idles is 37c and load is 52c...very good imo...noise very low...can't hear it compared to my case fans and cpu fan...

I'm actually playing around on one right now, and you're right the fan is surprisingly quiet. Dumb question but how do enable CCC Overdrive? It's grayed out right now, using 7.12 drivers.

Edit: Wow it's too late to be benching, totally didn't see the Key icon you need to click to unlock Overdrive. Got it working now.

Last edited:
oh yea forgot..i am using the 7.11 drivers....i dont use ati overdrive...i use riva tuner only...over drive is weird..it sees the core @ 300 mhz and the memory is wat its suppose to be...but i never really got the 300 mhz core thing

oh yea forgot..i am using the 7.11 drivers....i dont use ati overdrive...i use riva tuner only...over drive is weird..it sees the core @ 300 mhz and the memory is wat its suppose to be...but i never really got the 300 mhz core thing

It downclocks itself during 2D apps (like in windows) but it will go back up to your overclocked core when using 3D apps

Where dyou get that avatar? Is that the Lohan chick?

I forgot where I got it, most people seem to like it though.

I reseated the 3850 with Ceramique and I'm idling at 45, but load temps go over 80 degrees. This is with the fan set at 50%. 75% is way too loud for my tastes, overpowers every other fan in the 900 (all set to Low).

What aftermarket cooling options are a lot of people using? I'm thinking of going with an Accelero S1 with a Yate Loon strapped to it.

I forgot where I got it, most people seem to like it though.

I reseated the 3850 with Ceramique and I'm idling at 45, but load temps go over 80 degrees. This is with the fan set at 50%. 75% is way too loud for my tastes, overpowers every other fan in the 900 (all set to Low).

What aftermarket cooling options are a lot of people using? I'm thinking of going with an Accelero S1 with a Yate Loon strapped to it.

AC S1 is the way to go. It's what I have on my 3870 and it rocks.

im using stock thermal paste..i've been thinkin bout takin it off and put on some AS 3 i have around the house...i just dont want temps to go higher....=)

Back