• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Visiontek HD3850 bios update

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chrome-187

does anyone know if there is a bios update for the visiontek 3850 256mb? what im wanting from the bios is a vcore increase so that i can o/c my core clock higher...i think this core may be able to hit 800mhz...and i would maybe like a memory voltage increase as well...does anyone know of any bios updates for it?

has this tool been proven to work with the 38x0 series cards? thats a pretty tool...looks like 9-22-2004...

only bad thing about that is that if it dont work and it messes up my video card to where it is non workable i can't afford another video card at this time...

If you dump your BIOS, and RaBit can read the BIOS, then you should have no problems adjusting the voltage. Assuming you don't change anything else in your BIOS, your card should not mess up if you simply flash it with a voltage modified BIOS. This is of course assuming you don't go nuts and crank up the voltage by 1 or 2 volts :p

1 volt would be ok wouldnt it? and how about the memory volts...are u able to change that as well?

If you upped the voltage by 1 volt, I think its pretty safe to say that you could kiss it goodbye.

well are gpu's really that sensitive? and any ideas for a bios update...that rabit program comes with no instructions on how to use it and i dont think it recognized my card anyway..

Back