• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

???anyone have any suggestions on a good modular PSU???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

narcotis

i am looking for a good modular PSU for my gaming rig,
the rig will be overclocked in an antec ninehundred case, a raid 0 setup with 2 WD Raptors. 2x Nvidia 8800GT and a water cooling kit.
Do you think i need a 1000W PSU??

Last edited:
Do yourself a favor and go with the Corsair HX620 like several have recommended. You won't regret it. Nor will you need more power than that for a RAID and SLI setup. You'd be surprised what a quality PSU will run that you may think you need more for.

I have the HX520 in the same line and my single-GPU system doesn't even make it break a sweat. With power consumption being a huge deal to companies now, I probably won't need to upgrade it for a very long time.

Thanks for the info guys, it looks like i shall get the Corsair HX 620,

What was the problem with the ABS one i listed earlier in this post ^^^^

narcotis,

Nothing wrong with it, you don't need near that much, and there is a $75 price difference that you can pocket for the Corsair that will deliver all you need and much more. Sorta like killing a mosquito with a sledge hammer with that Tagan ABS.

lol i gues i am the type of person that likes a lot of "flash" to come with the quality of something and also the modular is a big + for me

Back