• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E4300 and FP-IN9 Overclocking questions.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SurfRatTX

I hope I'm posting this in the right spot.

I have searched searched and googled but cant find the answer.

Im running a e4300 @ the common oc of 2.4ghz, but I want to hit 3ghz. I know my motherboard and cpu combo can reach that because Ive seen people on here and basically everywhere else with the same set up running 3ghz.

Anyways the question is, what settings do I need to use to get there? I have tried 333x9 upped my voltages with no luck. The computer will post boot windows up but then 30 seconds later it locks up.

I am confused on which settings people are using to make it happen.

If anyone could help or send me some links I would really appreciate it. My system specs are in my signature, and if you have anymore questions about them please ask!

Thanks!

Thanks!

:beer:Thanks for the help man, but i found out it was vista all along. im at 3ghz and very stable, cool temps and everything.. im going to try and back down my voltagee a little to see what happeds to stay even cooler. I might as well take my vista cd... use it as a coster, and wipe my dirty butt with the manual for all the oc frustration it gave me :bang head :beer:

HAha

No Kidding! I can't believe it was vista being the whole problem. I know people have gotten there but when I was overclocking I had a total system crash and had to reinstall an os. I have vista home premium 32bit, vVsta Ultimate 64bit, and Xp Professional. So I decided to go back to XP to see if it was just a Vista oc problem. And sure as hell it was!

Im Running at a complete stable 3.0ghz FSB 333x9, Stock vcore voltages @ 3.25. Im in the middle of lowering the North Bridge. My memory timings are kind of hard to tighten with the type of ram I have. Its the OCZ 4gig Vista Upgrade, which now I plan on upgrading to something better... Kingston, or a better OCZ ram with the possibility of lower timings. It is decent ram though as OCZ does make great quality ram. Right now its at 5-5-5-14 2t. :bang head

Should I drop it to 1t? Because thats as far as it will go without the system not posting.

I also fried my 8500gts... don't know how, they werent oc. I guess something made them run too hot. So I purchased a Radeon 2600XT 512 gDDR3 800mhz core and 1400mem. I know its not exactly the top of the line, but I'm in love with it, being able to run games at 1280x1024 and silky smooth full detail! (except Crysis) :clap:

So after weeks of frustration it came down to freakin Vista holding me back, the simple solution... go back to xp pro. Its only the 32bit version but its still reading 3.2gigs of ram, so Im pleased with the outcome. That calls for a :beer:

Think the chip and mobo will push further? I mean Im gonna let it sit in for a month or two to make sure its going great before I do anything else to it, but I wanna push it to the max at a safe level.

Anywho, time to update my signature!

Any recommendations on a Northbridge fan? I know the board has a big ol heatsync for it, but I just want to be on the safe side, especially when Im ready to try and push it more.

Thanks to anyone who was cared!

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=297416

297416.png

Anyone Let me know if there is anything else that can be done!

Any ideas on the ram timings and ratio? anyone? The only problem is I read that my ram has issues with timings :( but im looking into http://www.directron.com/oc2rpx800eb4gk.html as new memory for the set up, and I might go to liquid cooling http://www.directron.com/clw0020.html to see if the chip can go further. Its running at 44c right now. Makes me kind of uncomfortable, but Its not quite at the dangerous level yet. Id like to push this baby as far as possible while keeping it stable. I know I may have to get a new mobo though. Anyways, any ideas on this please let me know! Oh yeah and a northbridge cooler too http://www.directron.com/clc0034.html Im getting ready to crank this baby!

Last edited:
Have you run Prime95 to test for stability?

I run a dual boot of XP-32 & Vista-64. I do all my testing in XP, but I have no issues w/ my OC in either OS. I'm not so sure it was Vista causing your issues, but I guess it's possible.

As far as the RAM timings...I've never gotten 1T to work. You may have better luck. The other timings seem like they could be tightened, but you are running 2GB sticks, and i don't know how well they OC. If you run your FSB at 333 then you could run your RAM at 400 w/ the 5:6 divider, or 416 at the 4:5 divider, or at 333 at the 1:1 divider. The best thing to do is try each one, and see how tight you can get the timings at each respective frequency. Then run some benchmarks and see what works best!

Edit: I see that's a 650i board. You can run the RAM speed unlinked on those boards. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of experience w/ the nVidia chipset boards, but some of my advice may still be valid. I think w/ these boards you have a lot of very large FSB holes, so you might have to try a lot of different FSB speeds before you get something that works. Hopefully a fellow nVidia chipset owner can help you more.

Just a little FYI...unless you're running SLI the P35/X38 boards are a much better choice if you plan on OCing.

Back