• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How quiet is the stock cooler on the G92 GTS 512??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M Diddy

Just curious as I'm currently in a step up from my 8800GT. I run the stock GT cooler at 45-50% and it's the loudest thing in my case. If it's as loud as the GT cooler I'll save the cash from the step up and go with the HR03-GT. Thanks.

its not exactly quiet, once you raise it up to 60% you hear it, and it needs to be turned up to keep the card cool.

i use the hr-03 and i would recommend it, its great.

you hear it above a certain point, but it's better then a 8800GT stock cooler so it needs to be turned up less then the GT's

I'd go with a Accelero S1 and mount a 120mm fan on it, with it's price to performance ratio it's the best out there, it is up to par with a HR-03 GT and half the price

Seconding the S1 recommendation. I installed one with 2 120mm fans and my idle temps went from 45 to 34 and load temps went from 71 to 50. The stocker was running at 75% which was pretty loud, now its almost inaudible.

Its pretty quite to me, I think my Tuniq Tower is louder with the case wide open under my desk. That being said, it is still not very loud and easy to sleep next to.

I have my fan set at 70%, card never goes above 65C (in Crysis, haven't checked during 3DM). I can just barely hear it above my case fans, but my case is pretty loud.

Back