• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Two 7900gt's in SLI is equal to what today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sup3rcarrx8

Hey guys. I'm thinking about upgrading my video card(s) within the next few months and i was wondering which ones i should be looking at. I hear the 8800GT is a great midrange card for it's price, but i don't see any in stock anywhere. Also i was wondering what card(s) today are comparable to my 256mb 7900gt's in SLI just for comparison. Thanks!

Hey guys. I'm thinking about upgrading my video card(s) within the next few months and i was wondering which ones i should be looking at. I hear the 8800GT is a great midrange card for it's price, but i don't see any in stock anywhere. Also i was wondering what card(s) today are comparable to my 256mb 7900gt's in SLI just for comparison. Thanks!

8800GTS G80 - 8800GT G92.

I am not sure about this, just a guess. I never looked at any benchmarks so don't hold me to this.

My setup runs just short of 12000 points in 3DM06 11875 to be more precise more or less same every time i run it.

I would say that setup is equivelant of one ATI 3850 overclocked.

Dont get sucked in to the high prices of the 8800gt's is my opinion go for 1 decent single card too sli is a waste in real world performance

Well you can pick up 2 x 7900GT's for <$200 and if you already have a SLI board why not, you could even do a simple volt mod to 1.55 volt that will yield close to GTX speeds with the right cooling, that will be a formiddable pair that can run with any 8800 series card, except for the DX10 part but then again in the real world that does not make a difference IMO

Well you can pick up 2 x 7900GT's for <$200 and if you already have a SLI board why not, you could even do a simple volt mod to 1.55 volt that will yield close to GTX speeds with the right cooling, that will be a formiddable pair that can run with any 8800 series card, except for the DX10 part but then again in the real world that does not make a difference IMO

Sadly, you can get my exact card for ~200 new. Obviously less than that if you go used. Since op already has 2x7900gt, imo, hes only worth while upgrade would be GTS g92 and up.

--pak

I d say wait for the new series they look really promising(its only a month away now).

Is the new series the G100 cards or something? I usually don't go for the high end stuff, but the stuff in between midrange to under high end. So what series of cards would that be in a month?

Back