• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AudioSurf!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hazaro

Well I got to trying the beta, and this game is amazing, it's like living your music.
The feeling starts to fade away when your hand starts to cramp, but it's still great.

Simple things like bumps on the path or things like color = tempo, along with bpm changes and pauses all becoming visual. :eek:

You simply just pop in a song, I've only tried .mp3, .flac, .ogg (no DRM plays to my awareness) it spits out a track in about ~5 seconds for my rig.

FPS at 1600x1200 at max settings I pull ~90fps with my 8800GT.

Along with 11 "ships" each with varying abilities and play styles. (One ship is co-op)
If you go with Pointman or Pusher it becomes more of a puzzle game rather than death dodging. Same goes with playing slow or fast songs.

Main Webpage (When it comes back up): http://www.audio-surf.com/

Bad news is the beta is closed for now BETA 2 OPEN! NEW AND IMPROVED!, but the game should be releasing soon.

I whipped up my crappy attempt at DragonForce - Fury of the Storm (Good tempo + congestion) while my hand was in the middle of cramping and I didn't know how to use the Ninja Mono's left click. (Whoops!)
Here's the ending part of it.

After you've finished a race it will upload your score, ship, and nickname with your bonuses to other people that played the same song as you!

And here's a slightly better attempt at a similar song ;) (Not me)

Here's a slower song where the player is playing pointman:

As you can see it's more of a fast paced action puzzle music game...
Trying to rack up combos of 3 or more of touching colors, score ranking from red to violet in points (3 red = 240 points / 3 violet = 30 points). Higher combo = more points.
Power-ups like Paint and Shock add extra stuff to the mix, along with white/black blocks and swaps along with multipliers, unique ship abilities, and end bonus for specific goals.

Some songs are just nice to cruise through:

Hopefully February! :attn:

Last edited:
Dont really get the point to this game :confused:

To have fun of course :) You wouldn't know if you haven't played. It's like crack.

You just keep loading song after song into it...

I am not happy about it, but I woke up early to finish schoolwork and spent the whole morning playing my first game and got carried away... :shrug:

So it's kinda like Everyday Shooter meets Rez: HD?

If you want to play like that sure ;)

Mono (Not ninja) while playing any song is pretty relaxing.

Got another one for you guys, Express Love (Another fast one):

If anyone has any recommendations for a song to do lemme know. :D

p.s. Game should come out and be $10-$20, definitely gonna buy this thing, can't wait to see what he adds.

Last edited:
Glad that you playing with the mouse Hazaro

it's a hell lot harder to play with compare to the keyboard lol

BT - Dynamic Symmetry

please do this song :O~

I wondered why he sounded familiar...

The Antikythera Mechanism :clap:

I'll see which mode is best, may not be appropriate for ninja mono.
Also might need to trim the song a bit, AudioSurf currently has a weird max length. People say anywhere from 12 minutes to 20 minutes.
Length also means I have to cram it into 100MB for utub (see: stage 6)

p.s. if anyone knows how to get fraps video to work with DivX encoding (Accepted by stage 6) I'd love to know. Get some good quality videos up.

Last edited:
I wonder what it would be like playing SDOIT (42 min dream theater song :D)

That game looks awesome. Reminds me of FreQuency for the PS2.

Or for that matter.. The Ministry of Lost Souls by Dream Theater... I can't wait :)

Wow is this ever fun. Sent it to my bro who is big into GH3 and he didn't like it so much.

Back