• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which bird should I get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

f155mph

I made a post earlier on how I fried my 1.1 Tbird. Well what should I get now? I got an Asus A7V rev 1.02. What processor stepping and speed should I get that good of O/C? Lastly who should I get it from, anyone have good experience with a good dealer? Or anyone have a Tbird they want to sell?

Thanks

i would recomend the athlon xp's if money isnt a problem..... they have sse to speed up ur games, they run cooler, and they do work units alot faster on seti@home if u run that. also they overclock very well i have had mine up to 1.6ghz from its default

-EternitY- said:
I Got a 1.4 TBIRD For sale...

266 FSB, Used once.
Post ur offer

Hey EternitY, the fs forum is down. This isn't the place for this. You might want to take it up via email or pm. Cool? :)

bobt17 said:
i would recomend the athlon xp's if money isnt a problem..... they have sse to speed up ur games, they run cooler, and they do work units alot faster on seti@home if u run that. also they overclock very well i have had mine up to 1.6ghz from its default

i take that back i just looked on asus's web site and it looks like that board wont support it

That baord will not suport a xp. I have already tried a xp 1600 in my friends old Asus. if money is not a concern then just get A 1.4GHZ Athlon. if you are on a budget then a duron 1ghz is the way to go.

Will my A7V support 266 fsb? Does anyone have this setup? Is there any problem with it? I notice on pricewatch that the 1.4(266) is selling for $97. The 1.4(200) is $127. Why is there such a big different in price?

Thanks
:beer:

Back