• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mix Ballistix Tracers with Regular 6400 Ballistix?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chrome-187

Can I mix the regular ballistix 6400 with my ballistix 6400 tracers? the reason i am asking is that i am cool with one set with the LED's but i think another set would be over doing it..those LED's are bright as hell...its like a party 24/7 in my case...the money part im not worried about...and another thing is that i think 4 of those tracer put together side by side would create alot of heat because it has to power the LED's as well as the memory itself...

Last edited:
and another thing is that i think 4 of those tracer put together side by side would create alot of heat because it has to power the LED's as well as the memory itself...

Im in the market for 4*1gb tracers.. Im interested to know more about this. Dont LEDs use like.. a fraction of a Watt in power? Im wondering whether having 16 LEDs in total would actually hinder performance.. well, any tbh.

Thoughts?

I went front one set of each to two sets of tracers. I didn't notice any appreciatable difference in temps. If you are going to run these 24/7 they need so air flow, they are hot.

I went front one set of each to two sets of tracers. I didn't notice any appreciatable difference in temps. If you are going to run these 24/7 they need so air flow, they are hot.

did you run both sets simotanously together? from wat i jsut read is that you ran a 2x1 set of tracers and a set of 2x1 regular ballistix together w/out a problem?

ok i was just wondering about the wattage diff and etc...i tracers have to draw a little more power just because of the LED's i'd assume...and didnt know if that would throw it off

Back