• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i'm ecstatic

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jinu

after 3 builds for friends of numerous configs, i have finally decided to build a new comp for myself. i mean, my computer is only 4-5 years old, but old non the less. after being a loyal AMD follower, i have decided to go to the darkside and get a Q6600. ( im even happier to find out i have the G0 stepping :thup:)
cant wait to see what i can do with this bad boy. lol. just thought i would share my excitement with everyone.

after 3 builds for friends of numerous configs, i have finally decided to build a new comp for myself. i mean, my computer is only 4-5 years old, but old non the less. after being a loyal AMD follower, i have decided to go to the darkside and get a Q6600. ( im even happier to find out i have the G0 stepping :thup:)
cant wait to see what i can do with this bad boy. lol. just thought i would share my excitement with everyone.

Good luck. With proper cooling 3.6ghz should be cake. You might get lucky and get one of the chips that is benchable at 4ghz on air, who knows.

OH boy! Are you in for a treat! Recently did the same. FX60 @3ghz to Q6600 @3.4ghz... very noticable! Enjoy!

i decided on using a zerotherm nirvana cooler as opposed to the ultra 120 e. mainly cause i really wanted to see if it was hype or if there is something to this cooler. unfortunately, due to my laziness, i wont be getting temps with the stock cooler, just stock and oc'd temps on the nirvana. i have seen the ultra 120 e in action and it is great, but for half the price, i picked up a nirvana from newegg. so please dont flame, lol. besides, i plan on water cooling at some point in the summer so it wont be on there for long, unless i see phenomenal temps. but as a good tester would, ill post the screen shots w/ coretemp and cpu-z so y'all can see. besides, its a korean company, i gotta support my people too. lol.

just got everything pieced together and that d@mn double boot scared me. lol. flashed the bios, but it still does it. not too worried at this point. but running 333x9 stock volts and the zerotherm is keeping her nice and cool at 33,25,28,33. i'm loving it. cant wait to see how far i can push her. i think im gonna like the darkside. lol

I to just went to the dark side and I am loving it! Double boot almost made me spit my beer out the first time it happened but I am now a 3.1 stable on stock volts! I loved my AMD rigs bit this is so much faster and easier to oc!

Congratulations, and welcome to the dark side Jinu (former AMD slugger myself) oh, and despite being pitch black over here its still as bright as the sun funnily enough, wouldn't you say.

Back