• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New build has flaws, help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

galador

I just recieved my new Asus p5e MB, Asus hd 3870, Intel Q6600, 2X1 gb Crucial Ballistics PC6400 and WD 320GB HD.
I installed my faithful old XP home edition and my old Audigy 2 sound card onto my new setup which worked perfectly just 2 hours ago on my old rig but now when I attempt to set the speaker settings to 4.1 the system reboots immediately and goes back to 2.1
I flashed from bios 303 to 402 since it had good reviews but the crashes still happen.
I only get 1 beep which is normal during post.
Anybody got any experience on how to fix this?
I also went to soundblaster.com and updated all my Audigy drivers to current to no avail.

Just for info. I reinstalled Audigy drivers and I got 4.1 to work till I rebooted then it continued crashing when I attempted to set it back to 4.1

I'll try it but it works fine on 2 speakers selection.
It just crashes when I attempt to switch to 4.1 so I was kinda leaning towards it being a software issue.

Well, after 1 day of pure frustration and head scratching the answer was simple. Just go to Windows Control Panel, Sound and Audio Devices and set it to Quadraphones selection.
Now my Audigy 2 and Windows play nice together.
Sigh!!!! :bang head I guess it's usually best to to start simple before you tear everything apart.

Back