• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I mod my P4SDX asus to accept a 3.0/800/Prescott?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

no1here

Not much money so I have to reuse many parts...I do have more D-channel DDR(2 G's)+3.0 Prescott, new case, power supply,+750 G-HDD...Can I OC to make up for the difference? Is it even worth messing with? I presently have 2.8/ 533 OC'd to 3.1 running at 98f

I doubt it.
See my thread "SL6PG China" for your best option which will only give you HT and some extra 3DMarks (I will put it in when I do it next week). You MB will probably require a CPU with a 512 cache, and that is the best one. Your board has an SIS chipset so I would not waste your time on it.

If you wanted to it would cost you $80-$115 for the CPU on ebay and whatever $ for an new AGP graphics card (assuming you want to play slightly better games.)

Then you could (like me) wait for Crysis to get to $20 in the bargain bins b4 you upgrade to a chipset after the X48 chipset. I say this, even though I think Crysis would suck, a better game with the same engine will no doubt come.

So my advice is to hold tight and save your pennys for 2 more years or so ;oP or get a cheap new system, I am sure there are plenty of cheap good core2 duo systems you could build, but the graphics card will still cost you (for a performance one). ATI are making nice low watt cards now which are nice HD3850, HD3870 so this year and next it will be interesting to see what they make.

Last edited:
Back