• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon 1gig wants to go faster.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, welcome to OC.com :)

First thing ya oughta do is check out the beginners guides on the front page.
Then, if ya need some help, advice, whatever.....you'd get much better response by lettin' folks know what yer system consists of(what Tbird, mobo, ram etc. etc.)
We'll be more than happy to help ya get'er cranked up :D

Thanks,

1gig athlon,
580mb sdram 133
winXP
gf3 ti200
20gig hdd
ISDN
7IXE4 mobo ( soz dont know maker of or wether its a VIA chipset, doesnt say in system info !!)
any other essential stuff u need to know about ??

im not a complete pc n00b, ive installed my isdn / gf3 / ram, so ive done some minor things.

Is the proc unlocked?
That is a Gigabyte board using an AMD chipset. If ya don't have the manual, go to Giga's site and d/l.

Hey Morba....
This is sorta 'Outta the Subject'

How is ISDN? Pingtimes?

How much is it?

A) If you have the STOCK Fan that came with your Processor, But a Delta 7000 RPM Fan...
They cost about 7 Dollars.

And on overclocking

When you turn on your computer it should say hit DELETE, F2, Or F8 To get into your bios.

Frequency
Then should be multiplier, cpu ratio, etc.

hey eternity do u think there is a delta 7000 rpm fan that will fit on my vallcano II?

-EternitY- said:
Hey Morba....
This is sorta 'Outta the Subject'

How is ISDN? Pingtimes?

How much is it?

A) If you have the STOCK Fan that came with your Processor, But a Delta 7000 RPM Fan...
They cost about 7 Dollars.

And on overclocking

When you turn on your computer it should say hit DELETE, F2, Or F8 To get into your bios.

Frequency
Then should be multiplier, cpu ratio, etc.

If I d/l'ed the right man. he won't have those options in bios. Appears that this is via dip-switch, and the highest fsb is 115 unless that has been changed with an updated bios. But the board is supported in CPUfsb and has capabilities up to 150fsb. Don't know about voltage manipulation, probably have to do that via the L7's.

wow, thanks for looking into that for me, you say unless mobo is updated, ive found the gigabyte webby and will d/l the newer drivers for it. Might do sometihng for it atleast.

At the same site they would have the updated bios to flash also.
Have you read the beginners guides as suggested by myself and ....hmmmm...somebody else, can't remember who. ? Oh yeah, rogerdugans :D

yep, read the guide, and a few of the others there, thx :D

ive heard bad stories about flash bios upgrades, is there anything i need to make sure of of back anything up before i flash mine ??

Back