• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need build help...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

west1

I have an issue with a build im putting together. It is a desktop with an older soyo KT400 mobo, and an amd 2200. The problem is that it boots, goes through the windows xp loading page, then as soon as it gets to the blue welcome screen the PC shuts down and restarts itself. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Are you maybe accidentally overclocking it? It's easy to unintentionally run the bus at 400 on some of the older athlon xp's without even knowing it, and a lot of times have a completely stable system. I know that was a pretty common practice with the bartons. They eventually moved the higher end athlon xp's to 400mhz fsb by default, but I think a lot of the original ones ran at 333.

I dont think I am, but I am going to check. I appreciate your response, this is driving me nuts!

Back