• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how do you identify a 'caller id' modem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dms

Registered
how can i tell if a modem is able to detect 'caller id' information?

mosts of the merchants let us know that they are 'call waiting' compatable....

but i can't tell if they will work with 'caller id'

i suspect it is tied to the v.90 or v92.....

i realize this may not be an overclockers issue but i have found this is probably 'table scrapes' for an overclocker
(-:

thanks for your time!!! dms

I'm not the brightest crayon in the box when it comes to a question like this, so I did a search on Google for caller ID compatible modems, and you know what, I'm still confused! :eh?:

Last edited:
thanks for the effort

thanks for your effort!! it seems strange that the caller id spec would be a selling point? but i guess not or else most are not capable of using caller id info.... i found a program that will open outlook and a contact when the caller id info matches and it will create a new entry when it is new info!! seems like a time saver and handy.....

again thanks {sharpest crayon in the box i have available (-: } for your time

dms

I'll get the answer one way or another, in all due time.
I've found all sorts of software that will accomplish the goal, but the only way I know for absolute sure, at this point, is for the modem manufacturer to outright say that the modem would support Caller ID.

I'm still working on it, I want to know myself, since Google let me down on this subject.

I can tell you that I use a V.90 and I have caller id with it. Don't laugh-It's a winmodem, but it works good. I'm reasonably sure that V.90 and V.92 are the only supporters, but not positive.

I haven't forgot this question. I still have no viable answer except what I've already posted. Still looking.

Back