• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No DVI image until windows load

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

meksyk

I bought on Black friday the soyo DYLM24D6 LCD Monitor, and conected it to my X800 using the DVI port (which I hadn't used before) and I don't know if its normal but I don't get any image until windows load (the monitor wont even turn on until that) then the image appears and the OSD shows "Digital".

Is that normal? could it be that the native resolution is to high to show the boot screen or windows doesn't send digital signal until fully loaded?

Thanks, Bruno

i have an acer p223wad does something like that too through DVI. It does show loadings before getting into windows, but if I enter bios %99 of the time I get a black screen. I can fix it by it off then on. That prob work too for you if you want to see the loading screen. It also does it when there's a resolution change, like when I exit from a game. Although it doesn't seem to do it as often as entering the bios. I only have this monitor for 2 weeks for setting the whole machine for my bro, so I don't how annoying this thing can get. So I switch it to vga, seem to fix all the prob i had, at least for the short duration that I tested it. Of coarse the picture quality is just as good as DVI.

It's a problem of your VGA firmware. Mostly happens with ATI cards. You can try either firmware update or connecting both DVI and D-Sub. D-Sub will give you BIOS visibility, and PC will switch to DVI after the Windows loads...

Back