• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Apollo HD3850 in XP Pro x64 OC help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kraven

I can't seem to figure out how to use ATItool in XP Pro 64. I can't show the 3D view and when I try, it says that the video card I'm trying to use does not seem to be used by windows. I downloaded the 0.27 version and it doesn't help at all. Rivatuner is acting the same way. Any suggestions on getting an overclock in XP Pro 64?

I'm coming up with the same problems with RivaTuner. I'm thinking I should just reformat and go with XP Pro 32.

It's tricky trying to OC an ATI cards with x64. The only method that seemed to work for me was using ATI tray tools and creating seperate profiles for 3D overclocks and 2D default clocks. I think you can use the overdrive feature in CCC as well, however there is a limit to how high you can overclock with that. ATI tool never worked right for my ATI cards under x64.

*Update* I would not get another Apollo Video Card ever! After stress testing/3Dmarks, etc., it died on me. I'm going to be calling Newegg and Apollo on Monday to see how I can resolve this but I do not want to get another one from this manufacturer. For one, the BIOS must be corrupted or something because it was showing up as 1 gb of ram in display properties. Anyway, done for now. I'll keep you all posted as to the outcome of this situation.

Sorry to hear that man. Good luck. If it is 90 days or so I think newegg covers it. Not 100% sure though

It's been a week since I ordered it. I only had it a couple days.

*edit* And if anyone has ordered one and needs their website it's http://www.apollovcard.com. The site looks like it was slapped together.

have you tried ATI tool v0.27 Beta 4?

Card's dead. Can't do anything until I get it back. I'm hoping I can convince Newegg to let me upgrade to a Sapphire or something like that because it's saying that I can't get a refund, just a replacement of the same make/model.

I did try ATItool 0.27 Beta something or another. Not sure if it was 4 but it didn't work either. I'm thinking these cards are just borked or FUBAR. We'll see.

I dunno, because I have been traumatized by a Radeon 9800 Pro that appeared to be fine then the screen suddenly got corrupted and then even the BIOS screen was corrupted.

So far, the GeForce 7600 GS I have is fine.

Thus, I dunno if I'm ever going to get an ATI again.

i just receive my new card today. Newegg was really cool and refunded me on a non-refundable item so that I could purchase the Sapphire flavor. We'll see how everything goes once I start to see what this card can do.

Back