• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q: which is better? 620HX or GXS 600?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Diablo23RD

One of my comp psu acting up. I am thinking to get a new unit, got 2 of that in mind. Please help me pick one, I know my system right now doesnt need that much power, but it's good for later upgrade.

btw, My old psu Enermax model EG565-VE v 1.2 (it's have 20 pins connector, and doesnt have pcie, and sata connectors) all 3 rails were run steady under load for years. But somehow it went bad, no sight of burn, or smelling burn. It's acting weird like sometimes didnt like to power on, or power for 10 secs and shut down, or power up run just fine like b4. I like this psu a lot, run very cool and quiet. Many thank to someone know what it's go wrong and have trick to bring it back to live.

oh wow...
was it back in the old days OCZ was a good brand in psu?

They're ok - I'd say they're a bit better off now due to using better OEMs than the old Topower made Powerstream/Modstream stuff.

The OCZ units comparable to the Corsairs would be the Evostream and Proxtream. Although, those units are nowhere near as quiet as the Corsairs are due to being 3Y based server grade units. The rest of their lineup is based on the FSP Epsilon which is a rather underacheiving albeit reasonably reliable platform.

ty for all the replies.
I looked around, buy.com have best price atm. I will take a look at compusa if they have clerance sale b4 I order off from buy.com.

...I wouldn't that is a FSP Epilson design... what OW was mentioning.
I see, was unaware of the unit being an underachiever. hm, I recon a Chroma 8000 would be a nice addition to the workshop (amongst other things), but than again; there are limits.

Edit:

I wanted to point out that there are other units out there (even those with this design) that are good performers. I knew I was sticking my neck out since the FSP design is maligned amongst the most hardcore chaps within the power supply congregation, but hey; living on the edge and all that...

Last edited:
I see, was unaware of the unit being an underachiever. hm, I recon a Chroma 8000 would be a nice addition to the workshop (amongst other things), but than again; there are limits.

Edit:

I wanted to point out that there are other units out there (even those with this design) that are good performers. I knew I was sticking my neck out since the FSP design is maligned amongst the most hardcore chaps within the power supply congregation, but hey; living on the edge and all that...

Walle,

I agree. I think the point that is being made is that there are better choices if one has to choose before buying if the costs are about equal. If one already owns one then it certainly shouldn't be thrown out or immediately replaced if it has the capabilities.

When the Corsairs are recommended, it's a de-facto recommendation of their OEMs for those models (Seasonic and Channel Well).

Ooops, your right, I made the mistake not checking out the price on these units which was a mistake. I made the assumption that the Be-Quiet was less expensive, (what ever gave me that idea to begin with I honestly don’t know since I very well know that the Corsairs are extremely price worthy and hard to beat) hence my recommendation. Goes to show that one should check certain given factors before making recommendations eh. That said though, I still can’t view the Dark Power units as underachievers despite their design, I really can not.

I guess this is what they call getting pawned, and I set myself up for this one too, and how wonderfully conceived haha.

Thanks for you input RollingThunder.

Ooops, your right, I made the mistake not checking out the price on these units which was a mistake. I made the assumption that the Be-Quiet was less expensive, (what ever gave me that idea to begin with I honestly don’t know since I very well know that the Corsairs are extremely price worthy and hard to beat) hence my recommendation. Goes to show that one should check certain given factors before making recommendations eh. That said though, I still can’t view the Dark Power units as underachievers despite their design, I really can not.

I guess this is what they call getting pawned, and I set myself up for this one too, and how wonderfully conceived haha.

Thanks for you input RollingThunder.

Walle,

There have been many instances here where many power supplies are just not available to everyone in other countries. If they are, the cost is sometimes prohibitive. So the buyer has to do the best they can with what is available to them and we try to suggest the best alternatives.

Walle,
There have been many instances here where many power supplies are just not available to everyone in other countries. If they are, the cost is sometimes prohibitive. So the buyer has to do the best they can with what is available to them and we try to suggest the best alternatives.

RollingThunder

We are somewhat spoiled over here in when it comes to availability of components, I'll admit and its easy to forget. When it comes to suggesting the best alternatives I view it as given as I view it universal in the sphere in which we all hang out, one of the reasons why we’re here; sharing experiences and helping each other out.

oh nice, CompUSA have HX620 for 40% off now, hurry b4 they're all gone. I just got one out the door for $110.

Back