• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kicking some protien booty!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You gain ground fast through the first 250 places or so and then it gets a little harder to move up. I've been folding for about a month now and I've broken into the top 75, but I've also had up to 4 machines Folding to do this. Fold on, brother; eat up those WU's with that XP!:D :cool: :beer:

See ya climbin up soon, mx...;)

I got into the top 30 (now 31st or 32nd...) on the strength of an XP 1800+ running 1700MHz, and a P/// 700E running around 950ish (varies from 933 to 975).

These XP's crank out the WU's...that's for sure! :D

Mr B said:
See ya climbin up soon, mx...;)

I got into the top 30 (now 31st or 32nd...) on the strength of an XP 1800+ running 1700MHz, and a P/// 700E running around 950ish (varies from 933 to 975).

These XP's crank out the WU's...that's for sure! :D

That's a nice overclock not to be water cooled Mr. B .:cool:

I would like to know what your temps are because I'm getting another XP .....with plans to overclock.

It looks like you're one of the BIG DOGS Mr B. fold on my man!:cool:
:burn: :burn:

Re: Re: Kicking some protien booty!

JetMech said:
You're welcome to join us. Fold On!.:beer:

Thanks JetMech

I plan to crank it up a notch with another overcloked XP, and that's a cool AVATAR you've got there.:cool:

In my better days I used to play with those at Langley.

Concentrate on the Folders with less work per day than you, who are ahead of you and you'll get a better feeling of making progress up the hill. It gets depressing if you're too concerned about the giants.:)

Last edited:
JetMech said:
In my better days I used to play with those at Langley.

Concentrate on the Folders with less work per day than you, who are ahead of you and you'll get a better feeling of making progress up the hill. It gets depressing if you're too concerned about the giants.:)

I use to play with those in EUROPE(CAMP NEW AMSTERDAM)......mak ik heber dre pills austubliff? (may I have three beers please?)

The first thing that I learned to say in Dutch(Nederlands).
:beer: :beer: :beer:

lennytiger said:
nice avatar mx!! three beers we speak afrikaans in south africa a mixture of dutch and flemmish interesting.... :):beer: :beer: :beer:

Thanks
How do you keep your computers running over there with those high ambient temps.......I guess overclocking is out of the question?

:beer:

its difficult air conditioning is expensive, and leaving doors and windows open seems to work, theres always someone at my house so I leave the windows open! At night its cold so they're fine.

Once I saw an air con box that ran on 12v inside the computer, any idea where to get one from??

lennytiger said:
its difficult air conditioning is expensive, and leaving doors and windows open seems to work, theres always someone at my house so I leave the windows open! At night its cold so they're fine.

Once I saw an air con box that ran on 12v inside the computer, any idea where to get one from??

Yes the portable 12volt coolers that you plug in in a car.....just strip it of the cooler, that eliminates all of the design and construction hassles but basically it's packaged peltier cooling unit which would still require a monster of a power supply.

mx said:

I use to play with those in EUROPE(CAMP NEW AMSTERDAM)......mak ik heber dre pills austubliff? (may I have three beers please?)

The first thing that I learned to say in Dutch(Nederlands).
:beer: :beer: :beer:
Everyone of those aircraft to Camp New Amsterdam was processed through Langley and my shop did ops cks on all of them. I was an ECS technician. We also did this for Israel, Japan, and Bitburg Germany)

JetMech said:
Everyone of those aircraft to Camp New Amsterdam was processed through Langley and my shop did ops cks on all of them. I was an ECS technician. We also did this for Israel, Japan, and Bitburg Germany)

I was a 462, I use to love to to get those babys rocking when I fired up a engine to test the ACS.

15 years, I only did 6 and I was single at the time.....at the time I did'nt think that the military had a lot to offer a single man and my mother was sick on her death bed and the military informed me two weeks later....needless to say that really ****sed me off!

:rolleyes:

mx said:

That's a nice overclock not to be water cooled Mr. B .:cool:

I would like to know what your temps are because I'm getting another XP .....with plans to overclock.

It looks like you're one of the BIG DOGS Mr B. fold on my man!:cool:

Usually runs in the high 30's celcius, when Folding. I've got the Glaciator II for a HSF, and some decent case cooling going on...;)

Ambiant is somewhere in the mid 60's F, in the 'puter room.

Big Dog, eh? LOL...Thanks. ;) The XP is doing all of the work...it's the "Big Dog"..w00f! :p

Back