• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ps 2 for Store credit or no?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Depends on what they'll give you for it. They gave me $100 for my old PS2 (big model), 2 controllers and memory card when I got my PS3. I did this because I the PS3 played PS2 games and was so damn expensive plus with the popularity of the PS2, I knew it'd be around so long that if I wanted another I could eventually get one for $50 or less.

I'd say if they don't give you at least $120 (2 new 360 games) then keep it unless:
1. It is an older, larger model
2. It's about to go kaputsky because of laser issues
3. You're getting a PS3

The PS2 has such a large catalog of good games that even with graphics inferior to the 360 there will still be some fun ones.

Only if you get a good price (good luck).

Post em on CL or something for extra money.

Depends on what they'll give you for it. They gave me $100 for my old PS2 (big model), 2 controllers and memory card when I got my PS3. I did this because I the PS3 played PS2 games and was so damn expensive plus with the popularity of the PS2, I knew it'd be around so long that if I wanted another I could eventually get one for $50 or less.

I'd say if they don't give you at least $120 (2 new 360 games) then keep it unless:
3. You're getting a PS3

The PS2 has such a large catalog of good games that even with graphics inferior to the 360 there will still be some fun ones.
Thanks mate.

I have one of the original ps2 with 4 games 2 controllers network card ( modem ) and 2 mem sticks.

Ok the games are Ultimate SpiderMan 2 ( comic book edition ), Lotr, GT4, Tony Hawk's 2 or 1 can't remember. Also the ps2 is in perfect condition, However I will need to dust her off.

3. You're getting a PS3

why would you keep the smaller version PS2's and not the bigger ones?

Actually it is $129 and rumor has it that it will drop to $99 by March, maybe even as soon as Feb. The hard drive was never used for anything but Phantasy Star and NFL 2K5 I think anyway so it is no big deal.
http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/02/compact-99-playstation-2-rumored-to-land-in-2008/

the hdd was also used for Socom 2, 3, and Combined Assult as well as Final Fantasy XI

also... I have one of these "fat"ps2's and GameStop will only give me $40 for it anywhere else i could go?

oh but its blue ray, brand new it'll never* break

*never: meaning its already broke, your screwed they wont cover it under warranty because they'll say you threw it at your grandma and your cat urinated all over that sh*t

Back