• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the best ATi manufacturer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
IMHO none. Either ATi doesnt allow them to differentiate themselves product and warranty wise or they dont like to try to compete with each other as much as nVidia rebranders do. None of them seem to offer anything all that special unlike xfx with there double life time warranty and evga with their stepup program. However recently they seem to be trying to buck this trend. All of ATi's rebranders are starting to be more like HIS in an effort to include better cooling products and we are finally seeing more redesiged pcbs then in the past. However as it stands now Sapphire is the best know name out of all of them and sell the most volume but IMHO really dont offer anything special. Other than That HIS is know for adding aftermarket coolers to cards for a little bit more money and Visiontek has a lifetime warranty but are relative newcomers to the US retail field.

I personally have bought from most of them in the past and really dont see much of a difference between them other then price.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Sapphire's RMA/Tech Support is pretty awful or that might be HIS I can't remember.

overall across the board ATi's RMA service is far worse then nVidia's is from my experiences and what I see posted. This is why I feel that nVidia pulled ahead sales wise in the 6800 vs x800 gen and stayed that way even though both companies where relatively evenly matched tech and price wise until the 2900 fiasco.

overall across the board ATi's RMA service is far worse then nVidia's is from my experiences and what I see posted. This is why I feel that nVidia pulled ahead sales wise in the 6800 vs x800 gen and stayed that way even though both companies where relatively evenly matched tech and price wise until the 2900 fiasco.

i agree ... got some bad experience with sapphire rma service ...

I'm pretty happy with my HIS tbh. I havent had a prob yet so dont know how their support is. Maybe when i'm bored i'll test them out :p

TBH I've been scared of Diamond for about a decade now. They used to be thee absolute worst company. Of course they could have turned around but i've been put off by them for awhile now....im talkin back to the diamond viper days :p

im pretty happy with my visiontek.....2100mhz memory o/c and 740mhz core...visiontek is a company that has been around for along time and have been known for they're quality...A+

I don't think it really matters, mainly the customer support and warranty.

I personally like Sapphire and Diamond

My vote goes for Diamond...as long as they give me my rebate they promised ;) Otherwise, HIS or Sapphire make the best cards (until you have to RMA something).

I've had no problem with my Gecube 512mb 3850. Originally I got this card because it was the only 3850 I could buy with 512MB of memory.

Back