• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overdrive missing in CCC 8.1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brolloks

Benching Senior on Siesta, Premium Member #8
For some odd reason the overdrive option in CCC 8.1 is not available, anybody knows what might cause that
Thanks

I have Win XP-32

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_01 Jan. 22 23.09.jpg
    ScreenHunter_01 Jan. 22 23.09.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 321
I know ATI artificially "removes" overclocking capability in certain video chipsets that they don't consider top-of-the-line. Perhaps they made some similar decision for the 2900 Pro?

Two things you could do: edit the INF file and reinstall the drivers so your card is seen as a 2900XT, or use an alternative overclocking tool. Since you're using crossfire, you'll need to make sure your chosen tool can overclock both cards (until updated, several tools would only overclock the first card in a CF pair)

I don't know about the 2900 Pro, but with the 2900XT if you don't have a 8-pin power cable plugged in, then Overdrive will be disabled. I use two 6-pin cables and can't access Overdrive. No problem, I just use ATItool instead.

I don't know about the 2900 Pro, but with the 2900XT if you don't have a 8-pin power cable plugged in, then Overdrive will be disabled. I use two 6-pin cables and can't access Overdrive. No problem, I just use ATItool instead.

That is it I think, I only have 2 x 6pins, getting the x-fire 8 pin cables this week, Thanks man, you just saved me from going nuts :beer:

I know ATI artificially "removes" overclocking capability in certain video chipsets that they don't consider top-of-the-line. Perhaps they made some similar decision for the 2900 Pro?

Two things you could do: edit the INF file and reinstall the drivers so your card is seen as a 2900XT, or use an alternative overclocking tool. Since you're using crossfire, you'll need to make sure your chosen tool can overclock both cards (until updated, several tools would only overclock the first card in a CF pair)

Take a look at this and tell me if the 2900Pro qualifies as a "top line vid card"? ;)

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_05 Jan. 23 07.28.jpg
    ScreenHunter_05 Jan. 23 07.28.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 307
Back