• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU or other issue? (can't get pc to turn on)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoPK!!!11

Been awhile since I've had problems with my comps.

specs..
3.06B p4, 512x2 333mhz

Well, it's my mums PC, doesn't get used for much at all, just work.

Only today, trying to turn it on nothing happend, the led on the front of the case lit up, but no fans turned on or anything.

After opening up the case and inspecing, repeating the above, turning it on, the fan spins a little and nothing happens, so I'm thinking it's a dead PSU.

I get a spare 400W PSU out, it works fans spinning, can hear the HDD, but nothing shows up on screen.

I've tried different ram and such, all the basic stuff to try get it to work, tried another monitor, so I'm thinking it's all down to the CPU?

If anyone could help please, my mum would QQ without her pc.

edit : btw the gfx are onboard, and i've tried a PCI card + agp card, and still nothing shows on any screen i tried

Last edited:
More likely the ram. Try using one stick, then the other. Reseat any cards. Examin caps for damage.

More likely the ram. Try using one stick, then the other. Reseat any cards. Examin caps for damage.

I've tried resitting everything, PCI cards, even the CPU, no caps seem to be bulged or damaged, I've tried using one stick, infact was the first thing I tried, tried other brand of ram too, nothing works >.<

I'm honestly concidering buying a new socket 478 mobo, but I'm not 100% if it's the mobo or CPU thats faulty, wish I knew and i'd place my order right now.

I would guess it was the mobo. It's pretty hard to kill a CPU at stock.

Look on ebay they will have some pretty cheap mobos. I have purchased several from ebay and all were in great condition.

Last edited:
Back