• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard Voltages on Asus P5WDH

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trendx

I was having some problems with my memory being unstable on memtest when i OCed it a bit to 850mhz. I upped the MCH ICH and FSB temps but wanted to know whats a safe limit to set those.. and also which ones have to do with memory? my mobo doesnt have much active cooling on it but i do have good case airflow. Also what would be better to run at 800mhz at 4-4-4-12 or 1000 at 5-5-5-15? Thanks for all the help.

Last edited:
I would up the voltages on your memory more than mch. I have my ddr2 800 at 1000 but the motherboard won't boot it at 1000 I have to use memset to lower the sub timings in windows and then clockgen to raise the fsb. the motherboard can handle up to about 950 mhz on ram without a raise in MCH.

Running ram at 1000 5-5-5-15 is going to be faster than running it at 800 but I would stick to a 1:1 ratio for memory:fsb

Back