• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Frys deals... (1/25/08)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nd4spdbh2

ill let the pics speak for dem selves

1866190_5199644.jpg

this one is pretty tight... e2200 and a decent intel 945 chipset ecs mobo. (the e2200 is stock a 2.2ghz chip, pad modded to 266fsb you could grab 2.93ghz, or if your really crazy you go for a 333fsb pad mod and an overvoltage pad mod, both of which are very easy, and get 3.663ghz, but i dont think that chip would go quite that high.)

1866191_5199609.jpg

Wow, not too bad on the e2200 deal. Does anyone have an idea on what kind of folding@home PPD numbers I'd see out of this baby running SMP? I'm looking for something to hold me over until Fry's offers a cheap quad deal, and this might be it. Hell, I could even replace my DFI LpB and XP-M with that cheap combo and it would be WAY faster then that old Socket A crap. :D

Thinking about going for that E6550 combo today. I know ECS isn't great, but if I don't oc or anything, will it at least operate ok?

What about the upgrade to Asus? Would it be worth the extra $40? I don't know a lot about motherboards, so any input is great!

Oh, lastly, will the processor do well as a mid-range gaming rig?

Back