• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR2 800 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

icebob

newb here. here's my question just build myself a new rig and when I try to oc my cpu if I left the ram setting at ddr2 800 the computer won't boot. If I go to DDR2 667 no problem. the stock voltage is 1.86v so I up it to 1.96 but same result. any idea? Here's my spec:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Windsor 2.4GHz Socket AM2 89W Dual-Core Processor Model ADA4600CUBOX

POWERCOLOR 26XT512M/D3HDMI Radeon HD 2600XT 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card

APEVIA X-QPACK2-GD/500 Black/ Gold Aluminum Body/ Front Mask MicroATX Desktop Computer Case 500W Power Supply

JetWay JM26GT3-SVP AM2 NVIDIA NF6100-405 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

G.SKILL 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ

First :welcome: to the forum.

I don't understand, are you trying to overclock the cpu and change the memory at the same time? This can work but if your computer doesn't boot you don't know which caused the problem.

Leave the cpu set at its stock settings. Then set the memory at its stock speed (800), timings, and voltage. Let us know the settings and what happens. :beer:

First :welcome: to the forum.

I don't understand, are you trying to overclock the cpu and change the memory at the same time? This can work but if your computer doesn't boot you don't know which caused the problem.

Leave the cpu set at its stock settings. Then set the memory at its stock speed (800), timings, and voltage. Let us know the settings and what happens. :beer:

Ok here's my problem if I try to oc the cpu no matter how I change my FSB (lets say from 200 to 205) and leave my mem setting to stock (DDR 800) my comp won't boot. but if I lower my mem setting to DDR 667 now it will boot. Why can't leave the setting to ddr 800?

OK, I'm not familiar with your motherboard but if possible give the memory and chipset a little more voltage (above default) if the board allows these changes and try a slight oc.

I agree, it would have to be the memory voltage as it's an AMD board.

Did you stress test everything at stock before trying to overclock?

I agree, it would have to be the memory voltage as it's an AMD board.

Did you stress test everything at stock before trying to overclock?

yes i stress test before trying to overclock. i also tried to raise the mem volt from 1.86 (stock) to 1.96 but i'm a little afraid to go higher

Back