• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project SS OC - Prelude

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jjdog711

I have been working on this case in photoshop, sketchup, and in my head for quite few months now. And i think that it's finally near time to start this mod, but first i need some advise from all you experts out there. I am already working on the D-PSU for this case. And i had a few questions about a submersible fan? Well read on below and tell me what you all think!

First off this will be a submersion cooled PC, which means that the mobo will be submersed in a non-conductive liquid for cooling. The fluid will be pumped through a radiator on the right side of the case, with four 250mm fans cooling the rad. The HDDs will be housed in a semi-soundproofed casing, and will be made so the hdds are in contact with the side of the case so that the liquid in the case cools them. I will have one standard and one slot loading DVD-RW drive stealthed in the front. Will update pics with new ideas later.

The pics below use many of my original ideas, but i number of things have been changed, View my original design here.

Overview (click to enlarge):
SSOCDesign1.jpg
SSOCDesign2.jpg

Left Side with window:
SSOCDesign.jpg
SSOCDesignGuts.jpg

Right Side, 4x250mm fans (radiator not yet in pics, will take up almost all extra room inside right side):
SSOCDesignRight.jpg
SSOCDesignCooling.jpg

HDD Housing:
SSOCDesignHDDs.jpg
SSOCDesignHDDsopen.jpg

Top, the "smoke stack" bring cool are to the psu, as seen in pic:
SSOCDesignTop.jpg
SSOCDesignTopPSU.jpg

Continued below--->

Back & D-PSU:
SSOCDesignBack.jpg
SSOCDesignPSU.jpg

Front windows:
SSOCFrontwindows.jpg
SSOCFrontwindows2.jpg
SSOCDesignWindows.jpg

Opical Drives:
SSOCDesignOptical1-1.jpg
SSOCDesignOptical3.jpg
SSOCDesignOptical2.jpg

Bottom:
SSOCDesignBottom.jpg

Please tell me what you think i should do to, change, remove, or add to make this even better!
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Wow, I'm definitely subscribing to this thread. Looks like a very cool, well designed project. Good luck!

I do have one question that I can think of right now. Do you have any pics or diagrams showing how the cables connect to the PC. It looks like the IO ports are pointed toward the top of the case (I assume to make it easier to deal with the liquid inside and leaks, etc.) But I'm just wondering how the cables are routed out of the case, or rather from the case, not out. In simple terms, how will it look with all of the cables/wires hooked to it while in full operation?

I do have one question that I can think of right now. Do you have any pics or diagrams showing how the cables connect to the PC. It looks like the IO ports are pointed toward the top of the case (I assume to make it easier to deal with the liquid inside and leaks, etc.) But I'm just wondering how the cables are routed out of the case, or rather from the case, not out. In simple terms, how will it look with all of the cables/wires hooked to it while in full operation?
The power cables will attach to to the back side of the mobo tray, and will then split into a 24pin, 4pin, 2x6pins, and a 2pin AC power connector. There will also be another 3pin AC power connector for the pump. The rest of the power cabling and data cables in the case will be built into the frame so nearly no cabling is visible in the case. The I/O mobo connections will be extended out the top of the liquid filled part to the back of the case where they will be mounted. Read more about the power cabling here.

OH, one more thing....why are you going for one tray loading optical and one slot loading optical? Why one 2 of the same, or just a single optical?

I will probably move where the slot loading drive will be located and will have 2 normal drives in the front. I wanted to have a slot loading drive because it looks so bad *** to watch the computer eat your cd, and i need normal drives as well because the slot loading drives are not very fast.

VERY cool.

what do you plan to use for the coolant?

I would like to use TR-1 transformer fluid, but i'm not sure of the cost. If anyone knows please share. If that is to expensive than i may find a another silicon based liquid or something, hopefully i can get the TR-1.

Back