• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

64bit Crysis won't run?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hipcrostino

So I have Vista Home Premium 64Bit. I also have Crysis. When i run the 64bit exe, the game crashs when playing the first EA movie. it once made it to the menu, but them froze. I figured it was perhaps due to my Q6600 proc, but now on this E8400, same thing happens. Stock or overclocked, so ive decided its a game issue. The 1.1 patch didn't help. the 32bit version of the game runs excellently. I play this game in XP most of the time with edit config files for awesome grpahics, and it runs better in XP than Vista. I just wanted to see if the x64 version would be smoother.

Anyone else had this issue? Is it well known?

ORLY?

did you have to do anythign special? because there's still alot of people that cannot run 64bit crysis on 64bit vista... is it fixed since the SP was released perhaps?
nope just run the crysis.exe in 64bit folder runs great never had a problem since crysis was released

One of the Warez releases had a broken 64bit executable. I downloaded it a couple of days before the game came out, but I had already preordered the Special Edition (which I didn't even get the tin case or unlockable vehicle with! :mad:). The full retail release works fine. I'm not accusing you of anything, but if you ARE playing the warez version, go buy the damn game.

One of the Warez releases had a broken 64bit executable. I downloaded it a couple of days before the game came out, but I had already preordered the Special Edition (which I didn't even get the tin case or unlockable vehicle with! :mad:). The full retail release works fine. I'm not accusing you of anything, but if you ARE playing the warez version, go buy the damn game.
I wouldn't speak of the warez thing again specially in forum it's not right.

Pay for the game like everyone else did or run the demo....

Hmmm odd I have 64-bit Vista and well haven't tried it really recently, but I know 64-bit would crash on my as well for Crysis :( Crysis was one of the reasons why I said I'm going all 64-bit this time yet not much to show for it since Crysis kept on crashing for me.

How is it crashign on you? are you getting the "Driver stopped responding, and has restarted" error? If so, see the stickly about the error, and perform the fix.

How is it crashign on you? are you getting the "Driver stopped responding, and has restarted" error? If so, see the stickly about the error, and perform the fix.

Na like it would crash on the start menu, or make it up to the point where I get mostly through the cut-scene ingame and crash as soon as I hit the water where I'd take control of the character.

BTW what sticky?

oh sorry, the sticky is in the NVidia GPU section.

Have you tried backing your clocks off? Even though you don't SEE any artifacts, too high of a clock can still crash the card/driver.

oh sorry, the sticky is in the NVidia GPU section.

Have you tried backing your clocks off? Even though you don't SEE any artifacts, too high of a clock can still crash the card/driver.

No its not GPU clock issue at all. I had this both with my 2900XT and my 8800GT. Both had zero issues in 32-bit at there "normal OC". Even playing in 64-bit trying lower clocks don't help at all.

Not sure what the probelm is with it but I never had luck with 64-bit and Crysis.

this isnt an issue with stolen crysis 64 bit exe not working.

this is all over the web, i seen a guy on H complaining he had just bought crysis and 64bit would not run, it loads, ea thingy comes up and either hard locks at menu or just crashes to desktop, closes completley with no sign of ever bring opened....

its really nice how people jump to conclusions that blatantly say something about a persons character, in other words saying that the problem is a warez thing implies the OP or anyone that has has the same problem is a THIEF :bang head but its ok if its done politely? why not just come out and call someone a pirate LMFAO.

No its not GPU clock issue at all. I had this both with my 2900XT and my 8800GT. Both had zero issues in 32-bit at there "normal OC". Even playing in 64-bit trying lower clocks don't help at all.

Not sure what the probelm is with it but I never had luck with 64-bit and Crysis.

DirectX 10 issue then?

I wouldn't speak of the warez thing again specially in forum it's not right.

Pay for the game like everyone else did or run the demo....

Did you bother to read my post? I'd paid $60 for the Special Edition at Gamestop WELL in advance of the retail release. So yes I already paid for the game. I didn't say where to find it. I simply said I played a "warez" copy in advance and that the 64 bit version was broken. I basically said the same thing you did, that if he's playing a warez copy he needs to buy the damn game. I am the one that got ripped off considering I didn't get the advertised Crysis tin case and SE only unlockable vehicle unlike people in the European market. Thanks though.

this isnt an issue with stolen crysis 64 bit exe not working.

this is all over the web, i seen a guy on H complaining he had just bought crysis and 64bit would not run, it loads, ea thingy comes up and either hard locks at menu or just crashes to desktop, closes completley with no sign of ever bring opened....

its really nice how people jump to conclusions that blatantly say something about a persons character, in other words saying that the problem is a warez thing implies the OP or anyone that has has the same problem is a THIEF :bang head but its ok if its done politely? why not just come out and call someone a pirate LMFAO.

Did I accuse him of being a pirate? I simply said that the 64bit version of a pirate release was bad and that if he's playing THAT version of the game he needs to pony up and pay for his own copy of the game. It's you that's jumping to conclusions.

How about I call YOU a pirate man?! How about that! You pirate! I'm gonna take an axe to your pegleg and cook your parrot! YARR!

Last edited:
Back